+ Reply to Thread

Smile so i went to the belgravia centre

I saw a free advert on the tv and i thought i'd give it a go - it was a free consultation after all.

The lady told me what i already knew - i had male pattern baldness. She then told me about these pills i had to take (propecia) and a cream i had put on (minoxidill)

she also tried to sell me this laser comb which would be included if i paid a years worth up front. I could either have paid it all upfront which she quoted as £1023 or i could pay every 3 months £255.25.

I obviously didn't go forward with anything without doing a bit of research so this is why im here really, is it cheaper to get the 'stuff' elsewhere?

All a bit new to this, will be really grateful if anyone out there has some advice...thanks in advance

Sam

sam90,

I am from Gloucestershire in the Uk.

I get my finasteride (propecia) from www.ukfinasteride.info which is excellent and I recommend it.

You can get minoxidil from www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk also.

They are both well known and legitimate sources. Do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by sam90 View Post
    I saw a free advert on the tv and i thought i'd give it a go - it was a free consultation after all.

The lady told me what i already knew - i had male pattern baldness. She then told me about these pills i had to take (propecia) and a cream i had put on (minoxidill)

she also tried to sell me this laser comb which would be included if i paid a years worth up front. I could either have paid it all upfront which she quoted as £1023 or i could pay every 3 months £255.25.

I obviously didn't go forward with anything without doing a bit of research so this is why im here really, is it cheaper to get the 'stuff' elsewhere?

All a bit new to this, will be really grateful if anyone out there has some advice...thanks in advance

Sam
    Way overpriced, it's a private clinic and you're paying through the nose for what you could get cheaper elsewhere. The laser comb is over priced rubbish. The three things that will help are propecia, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. That's it, nothing else.
    Get your Nizoral shampoo from most chemists
    Get your propecia from boots for £90 for 3 months worth (they do a hair retention program at their pharmacys)
    Get your minoxidil from www.bioeva.com
    All you're paying the Belgravia clinic all that money for is to have those pretty young assistants occasionally wash your hair for you.

^ Is the best advice. Tried and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Way overpriced, it's a private clinic and you're paying through the nose for what you could get cheaper elsewhere. The laser comb is over priced rubbish. The three things that will help are propecia, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. That's it, nothing else.
    Get your Nizoral shampoo from most chemists
    Get your propecia from boots for £90 for 3 months worth (they do a hair retention program at their pharmacys)
    Get your minoxidil from www.bioeva.com
    All you're paying the Belgravia clinic all that money for is to have those pretty young assistants occasionally wash your hair for you.

thankyou so much man! so by the looks of it belgravia centre is a bit of a rip off! how often do you take both?

Quote Originally Posted by sam90 View Post
    thankyou so much man! so by the looks of it belgravia centre is a bit of a rip off! how often do you take both?
    The pharmacist at boots will sit you down and talk you over everything, propecia is one tablet a day. Minoxidil you apply twice a day to your scalp and nizoral shampoo you use twice a week.
    Some people like myself simply took propecia on its own and that was all that was needed, propecia retains what you have, minoxidil can be messy and applying it twice a day can be a hassle. Nizoral shampoo is easy enough though.

I would also recommend starting on finasteride alone first and see how you go with it. It is easier to trace the results obviously starting one medication rather than both at the same time - and taking a pill once a day is easier than 2 x applications of minox everyday.

I am just on propecia at the mo and can also recommend Boots as a provider for it. Whilst it is more expensive than ukfinasteride (which I have not tried but people on forums speak highly of it), it of course does not offer the peace of mind that buying from a huge high street chain like boots does.

I personally went for their online consultation process rather than their in-store one (the latter did not seem appealing to me!) and they send it out in the post to me every 3 months, but the in-store route could be a good idea if you wanted to do that.

I think £30 per month is reasonable also for branded propecia - and remember the patent Merk has on finasteride expires at the end of the year. So expect the price to fall hopefully significantly then with the entrance of legit and readily available generics.

Also get on Nizoral 2% and use that twice a week. It really should be a no-brainer given it is just a shampoo and cheap and readily available.

I have been on Nizoral for about a year, and Propecia (from Boots) for a little over 6 months. My hairloss has, dare I say, all but been arrested, the thickness has improved and my hairline has not receded any further. Before starting any treatment I felt I was losing it fast and I now feel much much better about my hair overall (no sides either, touch wood - literally lol ).