+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia is maintaining my hair count/hairline, but it's still thinning

Just as the title says, I've been on propecia for maybe a year now total, but only on a consistent daily dose (0.25mg) for 3 months now. In that regard maybe it's too early to complain about it not working.

But what would you say? I've maintained my hairline, the # of hairs is still bascally the same, but it has all become very thin. I think I am possibly diffuse thinning.

Would you say propecia works differently for many and this is one outcome? or is the fact that it is holding ground show that is does work, and possibly another factor like stress is thinning my hair?

Any opinions would be nice, thanks

Its FAR too early to assess - Sounds like an initial shed on meds. See topic.

"Shedding on meds"
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Can you post a link to that topic please? I can't find it and I'm currently strongly debating starting fin, and shedding is one of my concerns, so I'd like to read that topic.

Thanks

I've read that before, but my hair has definitely miniaturized all over and scalp is starting to show on the back of the top of my head, diffuse pattern.

Buddho,

Maybe you should talk to your doc about increasing your dosage or adding in rogaine to your regimen. Male pattern baldness technically doesnt decrease your "hair count". From what ive read, after your hair sheds, it just comes back progressively shorter and thinner in diameter until its nearly invisible or doesnt break the surface of your scalp.

So i would say propecia alone is not working for you if your seeing more and more of your scalp. its likely that your "hair count" is indeed the same but your hair is miniaturizing...

So i would say propecia alone is not working for you if your seeing more and more of your scalp. its likely that your "hair count" is indeed the same but your hair is miniaturizing...
    I would be inclined to think the same thing, I have not read any scientific evidence the drug causes initial shedding, but anything is possible I guess, just not the norm for Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddho View Post
    I've read that before, but my hair has definitely miniaturized all over and scalp is starting to show on the back of the top of my head, diffuse pattern.
    What did propecia do for you?