+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

You're very welcome Robin. Here's something to consider. This type of medicine or really any form of elective surgery is subjective. No guarantees and unfortunately not an exact science. That's why we are left in a position to make an "informed decision" with some level of uncertaincy.

Research helps us in the decision process but in the end research in itself does not make that decision. We do as individuals. But we do so after careful consideration of the areas that I mentioned in my previous post. At least today we have enough information available that was not available 30 years ago.

Back in 1980 there was no internet, no forums, no interaction with others. And I have talked with many guys over the years that gravely wished there would have been more information available back then. Many of them that did HTs back then did so being at a great disadvantage of not knowing the potential risks and benefits that are made available today because of these online communities. Many have told me that if they had the information back then, they would have realized that they were poor candidates at best and may not have had the procedure.

The problem that I see within ourselves is that we do not like risk. We want every element of risk removed to alleviate that element of fear.

It's all a matter of perspective my friend. I do wish you the very best and truly hope you arrive at a place whereby you will feel confident about making a decision either way. And remember, it's an elective choice so you have time on your side.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi Robin. You should NOT get a transplant right now. Untill you come to peace with the industry and accept the fact there are no guarantees, you should hold off. Regardless of talent, there will be scaring, regardless of how much experience, one has, there might be poor growth. Most likely both of these chances are minimum but they still exist. How much more hair will you lose? another unknown. I wish I had your atitude 20 years ago as I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now. There is enormous amounts of information on these forums at your disposal. If it sounds too good, it is. If the person hasn't had a HT or seen that particular MD for a procedure, their opinion is worthless. But the best advise I can give is to Physically see as many patients of a particular MD in person. Not always easy but ultimately will give you the piece of mind your looking for. Had I done this before I started I never would have gone through with it. Not a strip procedure anyway.

best of luck with your search.