+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A member here I have learned a lot from is Topcat.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ghlight=topcat

If your interested in being as cautious as possible, which you certainly should, read all Topcats posts, they make a lot of sense. He has been through just about everything, the bad and the good, from what I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am looking for REAL answers. And just to be upfront... [Unsubstantiated claims removed].

In any case... all I am looking for is real feedbacks. You have seen pics, great. I can see them too online. My question is: did you have a procedure with him?

If yes please share.. if not... well then you are not extremely helpful.

Sorry, I just feel lost.
    I had mine done with Hasson & Wong in July, to say I'm pleased would be an understatement. I'm not paid by, or affiliated with, anyone....just genuinely satisfied. There's dozens of genuine stories, including my own, in the "Hair transplant veterans" section of this site.

P.S There's a reason you keep seeing the same doctors and clinics popping up and it's not nearly as conspiratorial as you seem to think....

well... Thank u, all I can say.
    Any pics from your HT? How many grafts?

well... Thank u, all I can say.
    Any pics from your HT? How many grafts?
    All my pics are on a different computer, but you can find my pre-op all the way through to 5 month pictures in "4,571 grafts with Dr.Wong" in the hair transplant veterans section. I'm about a week away from the 6 month mark and if absolutely nothing else progressed with my hair from here on in, I'd still be delighted.

Here you go:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9192

You can read my story robin , I just updated it.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9615

[Unsubstantiated, false and defamatory statements removed.]
    Last edited by Winston; 01-09-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Nothing about your whole statement is true.
    Last edited by Winston; 01-09-2013 at 08:07 AM.

I actually think this site is one of the best resources out there for the hair loss community. That said, I also think it is naive to expect complete impartiality from any site that is funded in any way directly or otherwise by member physicians.

If you want a HT, I think the key is to use this forum and others to identify who the most well-respected doctors are and then do consultations with those doctors. I would do an in-person consultation if at all possible. Ask lots of probing questions during your consultations, and ask to meet some of their patients. Ideally, there should be a number of patients with similar hair characteristics to yours who are pleased with their results. You should feel completely comfortable with the doctor you choose, and the doctor should not resort to pressure or gimmicky sales tactics ("you have to put down a deposit for a procedure today, if wait the price will go up") to get you to sign up for a procedure. Seek out as much negative information you can find about the doctors you are considering. You want to know what to expect in a worse case scenario.

I guess all I want is a good HT; that's it. But you know, this is a tough world, a lot of scams and... at the end it is your life that gets affected. You really want to make a good decision.
    So far, in my experience, I have had a few consultations, but for a reason or another no one really ever convinced me to the fullest. I guess I will have to do a lot more searches and rely on the info I find here.. there is nothing else out there as an alternative source of information. I guess I never considered feller because I do not want my head shave, I think he goes for that although I am not sure.
    Robin,

This is why continued research from every available source is so vital before making any decisions to have the procedure done.

The more research one does, the more one will understand the apparent risks as well as the potential benefits which IMHO with a reputable surgeon, outweigh the risks. Continued research will confirm if one is truly a good candidate for the procedure. There is a member here who just last week or so posted that he knows he is not a candidate at all and does not understand why he keeps coming back to these forums. It's because things change in this industry quite rapidly for the better.

There is corruption in any industry. I spent 18 years in banking and part of the reason that I left that career was the level of corruption within the industry. Since it does exist within any industry, I realize the best way to combat it is to be the example of what is best for the patient.

And honestly, I would not discount Dr. Feller even if he does shave his patients. I truly do not know if he shaves all patients but he is truly a good surgeon so possibly consider him moreso for the end result rather than his MO.

PM Spex and ask him, but my point is focus on great doctors and their proven results overall because in the end, that is what you will evaluate your results by and what will make you satisfied.

I wish you the best in your journey my friend.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gillenator,

thanks for your message, truly. But again, your reply - among other ones on this topic - once again proves the point. If not useless this website is not as useful as it should be.

Your message adds no value to my concerns. Of course continuous research may help but I guess at one point one has to take a leap of faith. That's it.

Maybe it just a very troubled topic, maybe it is just because of the importance of the procedure, probably most posts should be weighted on expectations... etc .. etc.. etc... I hope I will get lucky once I make my decision..

thank you