Threaded View

Default Mature hairline or progressive hair loss?

I need some guidance please.

My bf (26 yrs old) has what I call a great looking mature hairline but he is very concerned that it will continue to recede. What things should he be looking for? He tried fin every other day for a few weeks but felt like he was developing sides. I have done a lot research on hair loss and want to provide good advice; especially because the worry about what might happen brings him so much stress. But there's so many different types of hair loss. To me it looks like a mature hairline, but then there are days that I wonder if it is progressing. To be honest, I just don't know... I do tell him often that I love him with or without hair (which is the absolute truth) - but we both would feel more confident if we could keep what we have (who wouldn't).

His older brother has a mature hairline but his brother's hair looks slightly less progressed (that is, slightly fuller in front)...and his other brother has no hair loss.

Is this really just a game of 'wait and see'?

Should I attempt to get him to try fin again and/or start trying minox as that's what I take and it appears to be working? I fear this will send a message that it does concern me, and that it is receding...which would freak him out. On the other hand, I also want him to do something about it before it's gone and there isn't much he can do.

Thanks for any support!