+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I never understood why people throw around this term either. If your hairline is receding, YOU HAVE MPB! Your follicles are obviously sensitive to dht (you have the mpb gene). Whether or not you'll be a slick NW7 as you age is dependent on how aggressive your hair loss is/how sensitive your follicles are. You can play the wait-and-see game but you had better hope it's not aggressive.
    Exactly......, which is why I posted the link about, which explains it quite clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    No such thing as mature hairline so lets not spread false stupid terms to confuse others.
    You are lying - to yourself and everyone else. You are the one that is spreading false information and confusing others by denying it. Pull your head out of the sand. Denying the truth about it is not going to do you or anyone else any good. It's real. The sooner to accept reality the better off you will be. If you cannot accept reality you do not belong in a forum that is called "The Bald Truth". There are plenty of other online forums that will gladly feed you this BS you want to hear.

I never understood why people throw around this term either.
    The reason you keep hearing the term is because it is real and doctors who specialize in treating MPB are well aware of it - and well aware of the difference between a mature hair line and MPB. They are not the same thing.

If your hairline is receding, YOU HAVE MPB!
    That is not true. It is natural and normal for the hair line of most males to recede a certain degree as they mature into adulthood. This is a natural and normal masculine trait that differs from feminine traits. Males have different hair lines than females. MPB is hair loss that happens far and beyond the natural and normal adult mature male hair line.. This is well known by the very best hair doctors in the world - as well as other doctors.

You do not need to be one of the best hair doctors in the world to see this truth. All you need is a pair of eyes that are open to reality.

Im saying that if you argue a mature hairline is common so men should just accept it, then your basically arguing that worse hair loss aka MPB should be accepted because it happens to most men. I mean the logic is the same you cant call bad hair loss MPB but ignore a little hair loss its silly.
    I dont know why the balding blog guys insists on the mature hair line. I argued with him too but his argument was the same as yours. Its common among men right and so is MPB so neither is then a disease?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is not true. It is natural and normal for the hair line of most males to recede a certain degree as they mature into adulthood. This is a natural and normal masculine trait that differs from feminine traits. Males have different hair lines than females. MPB is hair loss that happens far and beyond the natural and normal adult mature male hair line.. This is well known by the very best hair doctors in the world - as well as other doctors.
    Think about this MPB is a perfectly natural and normal thing that happens to the majority of men does it not? By your logic and the quack doctors saying this really MPB is not even a disease at all. Your calling some hair loss just normal because your a man verses more hair loss is a problem we then call MPB. Its almost completely arbitrary and I know men that do not have what they call a mature hair line so your saying they never made it into adulthood? It makes no sense so that is why I asked who made up this term. I would issue a challenge comparing a miniaturized hair from MPB to one from a mature hair line to see how they are different. I think its the same thing.

Think about this MPB is a perfectly natural and normal thing that happens to the majority of men does it not?
    They are both natural and normal - but they are not the same thing. The mature male hair line is a just masculine trait like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice and so on. MPB is hair loss that is beyond the masculinization of the hair line.

This is the reason that the meds for MPB usually will not work on a males hair line. Yet Minoxidil will work anywhere on a woman's scalp, including her hair line. Men and women have different hair lines. Men develop a mature male hair line. Women do not.

By your logic... Your calling some hair loss just normal because your a man...
    It is not "my logic". It is they way it is. It is what it is and denying it does not help you or anyone else in any way shape or form.

This is the truth. If you do not want to accept the truth you need to go to another forum. There are plenty of other forums that will feed you the BS you want to hear.

These "quacks" as you call then know more of the truth about it than you ever thought about knowing.

"They are both natural and normal - but they are not the same thing. The mature male hair line is a just masculine trait like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice and so on. MPB is hair loss that is beyond the masculinization of the hair line."

So your saying men I see that have juvenile hairlines at older ages are not masculine? Has it been proven meds do not work on a males hairline? I believe there was a study for propecia on the front and it did work.
    Whether we call it "masculinization" or "mature hairline" or something else the fact is there was hair growing there and then it stopped so I mean it is hair lost is it not?
    It seems pretty silly to me like saying some cancer is okay up to a point if its common, but then you need to start treating it once it gets worse.
    Anyways I am done I am not really trying to argue I just feel its wrong and doctors encourage it with no real evidence its a real thing.

So your saying men I see that have juvenile hairlines at older ages are not masculine?
    No you said that. You are trying very hard to be an ignorant butt hole and you are doing very well. Try calming down and listening to folks who have a whole lot more experience with this that you do - and know a whole lot more about the truth than you do.

You really need to go to another forum though. If you stay here, someone is going to tell you the truth - and you do not want to accept the truth. So it is best that you move on to another forum. Really, almost all of the other forums will gleefully feed you the BS you want to here. This is what you want so those other forums is where you need to be.