24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 66.67%
  • No

8 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

4 years total

6 weeks... Decreased ejaculate volume, but no change in libido or ED (touch wood)

.25mg per day for the first 4 weeks, currently .50mg per day (where I will remain)

1-mg daily six months now, hair loss basically stopped, looks like crown is beginning to fill in....no sides.

About 3 weeks with 0.5mg everyday.

I experienced lower libido the first few days but it may have just been in my head... Either way I was back to normal within a few days of starting. No side effects to report. If anything this drug seems to be slowly clearing up my face of any minor acne I had.

I try not to read the horror stories that are posted all over the web.. I read doctors reports and scientific data on the drug instead. I would have started finasteride earlier in 2012 but a couple members and their fear mongering got the better of me. I've gained so much knowledge in the past few months from the great info that can be found by searching the forums. This is what led me to consider starting finasteride.

I hope this works for me. knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Sides so not for me.
    Hey Chrisis how are your sides doing these days if you don't min me asking? I've been off propecia for 3 weeks now, most days seem fine and I get morning erections a lot but every once in a while I get this mild discomfort below my abdominals and above my junk. Makes me really nervous, I'm waiting till the end of January before I actually give myself a test to make sure everything is working down there if you get my meaning. I'm too nervous to try now, i'd just psyche myself out. Just wanted to hear if you're slowly getting better or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    Hey Chrisis how are your sides doing these days if you don't min me asking? I've been off propecia for 3 weeks now, most days seem fine and I get morning erections a lot but every once in a while I get this mild discomfort below my abdominals and above my junk. Makes me really nervous, I'm waiting till the end of January before I actually give myself a test to make sure everything is working down there if you get my meaning. I'm too nervous to try now, i'd just psyche myself out. Just wanted to hear if you're slowly getting better or anything.
    I go through spells of good and bad. I dunno if I'll ever be 100%, but what's done is done. I need to get my own tests done, but I just feel so skeptical/negative that anything can be done - so what's the point?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I go through spells of good and bad. I dunno if I'll ever be 100%, but what's done is done. I need to get my own tests done, but I just feel so skeptical/negative that anything can be done - so what's the point?
    My sides took a couple of months to go. I'm still not 110% but I'm happy.

I had pain in my balls while I was on Fin. Such that I got checkout out for testicular cancer. It turns out it was nothing but the Fin.

But for me at least the sides have mostly all gone. Its very depressing but I'm hoping that RU works for me. Hopefully to halt more hair loss with zero penis related side effects, and if I'm unbelievably lucky I might grow some more hair back!!!

Good luck!

I have been taking fin for three weeks so far.