+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Bald men: How did losing your hair affect your game with the ladies?

As a 19 year old with a receding hairline, I have this fear that becoming bald or showing hairloss at such a young age will effect my chances with the ladies. Especially since 90% of the guys my age still have a full head of hair.

So I want to hear from you guys, did losing hair effect your dating game?

Hitting NW3 hasn't affected my ability to get at girls; only when I've let it affect me (my mood, outlook on life) has it affected my opportunity to get girls.

When I'm having a "good day", I talk to girls without even thinking about it. When I'm having a "bad day", it's the opposite. By good/bad day, I just mean how I'm feeling that day. Further, I've never hit the gym for an hour then looked in the mirror at my NW3 and cared. Something about exercising melts the worry away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ohio View Post
    As a 19 year old with a receding hairline, I have this fear that becoming bald or showing hairloss at such a young age will effect my chances with the ladies. Especially since 90% of the guys my age still have a full head of hair.

So I want to hear from you guys, did losing hair effect your dating game?
    I was 20 when my hairline started to recede. Did it affect my ability to get girls? Yes but I only say that because I let it get the best of me. Had I had the same attitude I have towards it now I would have been how can I put it, braver than I was so it was my own fault because I let it knock my confidence. Having said that I still did pretty much alright with the ladies, don't let it get the best of your confidence, it was more likely my own anxiety and insecurity that stopped me doing as well as I could have more so than a hairline.
    Take out the clippers and give yourself a buzz cut, don't be the guy with the receding hairline be the guy with the skinhead, and this is the most important bit, if a girl wants to write you off because of a shallow and plastic reason like a hairline then that's not the girl you want to be wasting any of your time on.

you can still be very attractive to most chicks but don't kid yourself this is definitly going to make the challenge harder if you let it go. Treat it and never give up.

To contradict myself, the balder I got, the better I became with the ladies. Because it gave me a sense of urgency. It's a detail to most girls but it still matters, especially to younger ladies. It's like being short, having bad teeth or acne, a lot of guys with those problems are still good and even pulling machines. But fight it because it can be a dealbreaker with younger ladies

What matters the most to ladies is how you vibe, how you socially interact, having a good sense of style, not beng needy, but looks are part of the equation and your hair is a big part of your attractiveness

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Personality, confidence, and addititude should prevail over amount of hair. Unless the person judging is totally superficial and that may not be the type of girl you are looking for. However, I do understand that more hair can improve self confidence in certain individuals. These would be the people I am trying to help.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

When I was in my 20s I felt bald was better than balding. I would shave my head with shaving cream and a razor.

I had no trouble dating women that liked bald guys. However I would say overall it might have decreased my chances with most women, while increasing my chances with group that likes bald guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Personality, confidence, and addititude should prevail over amount of hair. Unless the person judging is totally superficial and that may not be the type of girl you are looking for. However, I do understand that more hair can improve self confidence in certain individuals. These would be the people I am trying to help.
    I agree with this man. Any women that doesnt like you just because you are bald, isn't worth having in the first place. Their superficiality will cause problems even if you HAVE hair.

Quote Originally Posted by tgajr View Post
    I agree with this man. Any women that doesnt like you just because you are bald, isn't worth having in the first place. Their superficiality will cause problems even if you HAVE hair.
    +1 to this, spot on.

I think women's attitude towards hair/hairloss evolves. Women in early 20s look for someone they can show-off to their friends as well. So they are less likely to prefer the bald guy. As women grow older, attributes such as ambition, maturity, sexual compatability are more important to them.
    My personal GURU is Jason Stattham. I mean - the guy is NW6 and is banging victorias secret models!

Inactive

Balding WILL affect your beauty which WILL affect your success with whatever sex you choose to pursue. All the confidence, money, and muscularity in the world cannot alter this undeniable truth.