+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RU Treatment

Question RU Treatment

Okay, so can someone explain to me what this RU is? and if it is so good why are more people not using it? Also, I heard there is a company that has a patent on it but hasn't put the product on the market? Why haven't they? and when is the patent up? and will someone else bring it to the market?

Thanks!

Inactive

It is a topical antiandrogen. From the studies conducted on it, it seems to be nearly as effective as finasteride. For some reason, it never made it to market. I suspect it is because it is a fairly unstable chemical that needs to be kept cold and prepared (mixed with a vehicle to enter the scalp) weekly, at the very least. Also, it is pretty expensive and buying it isn't quite as easy as other treatments. With that said, some people have seen tremendous results with it. It is a hassle but seems to be worth it for some. If my current regimen (fin, minox, nizoral, and topical spiro) doesn't maintain my hair, I will likely look into RU next.

Not sure why it never made it to open market. It made it to phase 2 testing so the phase 1 must have shown it was relatively safe. I know my own experiences show RU as effective. Maybe it didn't make it to market partly because if you apply the stuff to your head, and a woman touched your head and she is pregnant then serious birth defects - similar to fin/dut. Also, the short shelf life might make it impractical to bring to mass market but seems they would have thought about these things before taking it to phase 2. Maybe there were more sides in phase 2? Who knows its all speculation. For me, I am taking my chances cause it is currently helping me keep my hair even if I have sides from it I will stay on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Okay, so can someone explain to me what this RU is? and if it is so good why are more people not using it? Also, I heard there is a company that has a patent on it but hasn't put the product on the market? Why haven't they? and when is the patent up? and will someone else bring it to the market?

Thanks!
    Aames answered your question in my opinion the best.. it is an unstable chemical and it needs a separate delivery system that you have to get in order for in to be effective.. i.e. I have seen on the hair loss help forums people mix vodka with it among other ingredients. But then some of the people over there use topical spiro, finasteride and dutasteride and nizoral and minoxidil together which is not only feminizing their bodies but in some cases amplifying their side effects with gynomastia( growing breasts) chest pains, dizziness, etc.
    RU is a Jekyll and Hye concoction in comparison you a taking a bigger risk with it than say Finasteride because you know the side effects from out of the gate should you decide to bite the bullet and take it. Wtih RU a lot is still unknown and you run in my estimation a greater risk of messing up your internal system with it all in a desperation to stave off hair loss. Hair gain is not worth your overall health.

If anyone is interested in RU I would suggest talking to people who have tried it. Everyone has an opinion but has never seen the drug - just going off what other people say. I am currently on RU and DUT. Not feminized, no boobs, can still have sex. Some sides but you have to figure out the right dosing if you have sides.

Or if you have sides then you can just quit taking it altogether.