+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Treatment Journal

Medication Start Dates:
    Fincar: 10/25/12; ~ 1mg once a day
    Rogaine Foam: 10/25/12; twice a day
    Topical Cetirizine: 11/20/12; 10mg once a day (distilled water vehicle)

Looking very good! Congrats

Thanks

My hair is a little bit longer in the second picture, but even taking that into consideration there looks to have been some thickening all around. Lots of little new hairs in the crown, hoping they develop further.

e: forget to mention I also occasionally use Nizoral 2% in the original post.

Very impressive. You've definitely grown more hair and it looks thicker overall.

Wow, those results really are impressive. Which part of your regimen do you think has helped you the most? I'm currently on finasteride, which is helping. But I am hesitant to try Rogaine since it didn't do me any good in the past and has done more harm than good for many other people.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Wow, those results really are impressive. Which part of your regimen do you think has helped you the most? I'm currently on finasteride, which is helping. But I am hesitant to try Rogaine since it didn't do me any good in the past and has done more harm than good for many other people.
    Personally, I think it's the Rogaine Foam. About 9 years ago when I first started losing my hair, I started using Propecia and then a few months later I added liquid Rogaine. About three months in to the Rogaine I started to notice a lot of dark hairs coming in in front of my hairline, and I recall getting comments about my hair looking darker.

The problem, however, is that the liquid Rogaine quickly became very irritating to my scalp. Major flaking and itch. I switched to once a day use, but my scalp irritation continued and I didn't maintain my results. I dropped the minox and continued on Propecia for some time after but just kept losing hair (albeit slower).

Rogaine Foam on the other hand is fantastic so far. It's much, much easier on the scalp, probably because it contains no propylene glycol.

Just a quick update. Took some photos today, hair looks pretty much identical to my last update. Disappointing, was hoping I'd be seeing some new hair coming in. I haven't applied any Cetirizine in a while, so perhaps I'll get back on that.

It really sucks cause I'm pretty much in the same spot I was when I started, with my only option being to buzz my hair down to stubble.

When do Finasteride results typically show?

Should see fin results fairly soon...I'd say within 4-5 weeks. Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind taking Cetirizine? Do you have a link as to where I could read up on it? Thanks...

Look at my thread which I've made as well, to get an idea of my progress with fin. I'm sure it'll give you motivation to stay on the regiment. Looking forward to your future updates.

Thanks JJacobs. The cetirizine I use topically, based on the idea that it suppresses PGD2. It might not do a damn thing, but I can't see that it hurts either. You can read more here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10018

I'm seeing a lot of sources saying that the 6-12 month period is where regrowth (if any) is going to happen. I saw your thread, it appears we've been on fin for about the same amount of time. Hopefully we'll be sporting some thicker hair 2 months from now! (though yours already looks good)

Been about month since last post. Haven't used Cet at all in that time. I don't have much faith in it, but I'll start it again soon.

Hard to judge if my hair is better or worse. Because I keep my hair so short (if not buzzed down to stubble) it's impossible for me to tell if I'm shedding more or less as I don't notice it either way. I'm hoping I am shedding and that my hair will be getting thicker as I approach the 6 month mark (about May 1st).

I've been experimenting with Dermmatch and Coboki, both of which I apply conservatively to keep them from looking obviously fake. If my hair were just a little bit thicker and longer, I can imagine these products together producing really good results.