+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 17 Blonde & Bald. Its Brutal.

So since I was around 15/16 I have been suffering from the infamous bastard known as male pattern baldness. Being a blonde with surf hair (blonde eybrows, eyelashes and arm hair as well) I am finding male pattern baldness a struggle. I am well past the stage of denial, being a Norwood 3V, I have a family history which basically has left me in a whole with no way out. My Grandfather (mums side) went bald at 19, my uncle same story, both of my brothers also went bald before 22, and on my dads side he is only just about as bald as me at age 56. I've recently found a companion at school (she doesn't know that I'm going bald) and we seem quite obsessed with each other. She's beautiful and smart and Im ugly blonde and going bald. Due to my ability to hide my MPB with my hugely long hair I have been able to place it in the back of my mind. However, now that me and my companion are becoming closer I feel as though I need to tell her about my baldness because I don't want to be anymore of an embarrassment to her especially when I'm the only bald kid (ugly as you will see in the picture) in my town. Im 17 I don't care how much she "loves" me I know that going bald will put her off. When I first got into the relationship with her I only wanted to experience what it's like to have a beautiful girlfriend, I never thought It'd go so far that I am too scared to lose her to baldness. All chemicals to fix my hair are out of the equation. I always get comments on how I "dont have eyebrows" or I have invisible eyelashes which makes going bald even worse. I want to cut my hair but still hide my baldness to try and push through until the end of school and concentrate on my studies. Help to choose a style would be appreciated. I just wanted to share my story and maybe receive some support from the great people of Bald Truth Talk. My bald brothers, I give you respect and props for your kind hearts and big shiny domes . Sincerely, Jack.

Here's some photosClick image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 4-01-13 at 7.17 PM #4.jpg

Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	18506
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 4-01-13 at 8.30 PM #2.jpg

Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	18507  

The way you style your hair definitely helps you conceal the frontal loss Jg1995.

I would have never guessed.

Yes but it'll likely progress. It does look online when you style it, though.

First of all, you're not ugly at all ! You're a good looking guy . DO you even know what ugly is lol ??

Also, your is very nice and thick. Don't worry buddy, you're far from being bald !

Ok, so I am going to come out now as well as make my second reply to a thread on this site. I'm gay.

Now, that aside, you are definitely not ugly!

First of all my friend, you're not ugly.

Secondly, why is some treatment/medication out of the question? You could start on something light and really slow down your balding. At your age you would respond really well. You could at least prevent the balding long enough for this girl to fall in love with you. And once that happens, she won't give a shit whether you're bald or not.

best wishes mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jg1995 View Post
    So since I was around 15/16 I have been suffering from the infamous bastard known as male pattern baldness. Being a blonde with surf hair (blonde eybrows, eyelashes and arm hair as well) I am finding male pattern baldness a struggle. I am well past the stage of denial, being a Norwood 3V, I have a family history which basically has left me in a whole with no way out. My Grandfather (mums side) went bald at 19, my uncle same story, both of my brothers also went bald before 22, and on my dads side he is only just about as bald as me at age 56. I've recently found a companion at school (she doesn't know that I'm going bald) and we seem quite obsessed with each other. She's beautiful and smart and Im ugly blonde and going bald. Due to my ability to hide my MPB with my hugely long hair I have been able to place it in the back of my mind. However, now that me and my companion are becoming closer I feel as though I need to tell her about my baldness because I don't want to be anymore of an embarrassment to her especially when I'm the only bald kid (ugly as you will see in the picture) in my town. Im 17 I don't care how much she "loves" me I know that going bald will put her off. When I first got into the relationship with her I only wanted to experience what it's like to have a beautiful girlfriend, I never thought It'd go so far that I am too scared to lose her to baldness. All chemicals to fix my hair are out of the equation. I always get comments on how I "dont have eyebrows" or I have invisible eyelashes which makes going bald even worse. I want to cut my hair but still hide my baldness to try and push through until the end of school and concentrate on my studies. Help to choose a style would be appreciated. I just wanted to share my story and maybe receive some support from the great people of Bald Truth Talk. My bald brothers, I give you respect and props for your kind hearts and big shiny domes . Sincerely, Jack.
    At this age, it proceeds fast. If you value your hair, you should jump straight on dutasteride. You have not enough time!

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    At this age, it proceeds fast. If you value your hair, you should jump straight on dutasteride. You have not enough time!
    This is terrible advice. Stop being a cu.nt.

You're going to fu.cking ruin someone's life if you're recommending dut to a 17 year old.

Totally inappropriate.