+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I try to use rogaine again?

Hi guys, so I have been using rogaine 5% foam for about 1 month and recently I was getting these chest pains. I decided to stop using it for about 1.5 weeks so far to see if the chest pains would subside and they did. I think the reason was because i was applying 1-1.5 cap fulls of rogaine at a time(did not read the instructions ). Also a lot of the days, I had to apply the second application 3 hours after the first. You guys think it is worth trying rogaine again? Thanks for all the help

There is no need or benefit to using more than instructed. A second application three hours latter is not needed either. One dose in the morning and the second dose in the evening as instructed is all you need. It does not matter if you miss a dose every now and then.

To help you avoid any of the possible side effects and to help reduce the effects of shedding, it is best to ramp up to the normal dose slowly over time. Start with once a day every other day for one bottle. Then once a day every day for the next bottle. Then use it twice a day every day from then on.

Thanks Tracy but I am not scared about the shedding part. It was my mistake for using that much. I have diffused thinning on my entire scalp so that was the reason why i used that much. I am just worried about the chest pains, that I received from it. I was wondering if I was susceptible to heart problems because of rogaine and If I should try it again.

If you suspect you might have heart problems you need to see a doctor.

Chest pain is a possible side effect of using Minoxidil. Your chances of experiencing the possible side effects of any medication is increased when you over dose on the medication. You were over dosing on Minoxidil.

Again, you can often avoid experiencing the possible side effects of almost every medication by tapering up to the normal daily dose slowly over time. Using Rogaine as an example; Use it once a day every other day for one bottle. Then use it once a day every day for the next bottle. Then use it twice a day every day as directed from then on.

Tracy, I applied rogaine for the first time after 2 weeks and i measured my blood pressure before and 10 hours after. My blood pressure before was 110/69 and 114/72. My blood pressure after was 120/77 and 116/74. Should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadox View Post
    Should I be worried?
    You need to ask a doctor. I am not a doctor.

If you can deal with cutting/buzzing your hair shorter (temporarily) while treating your hair loss, you can use a significantly smaller amount of Minox. to treat the same area.

I've had the "racing heart" when I use too much of this. Cutting the hair short, esp. when using the foam, can help to mitigate this as you need less of the product to cover the same area.

Thanks for the help guys. I would go see a doctor but due to my situation, I cannot afford to see a doctor at this point. Did you measure your blood pressure after getting racing heart?

Did you measure your blood pressure after getting racing heart?
    No, but it was very obvious - I could feel it in chest and neck, esp. when laying down.

When I cut back on the amount of minox, the problem went away.