Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Misery
    • Dec 2012

MSM and Biotin

Is there anything in these, and why do you take them?
    I see many people using these but don't know why or if it helps and makes a difference. I now see people who take Propecia saying they take them also. Can someone advise if it's worth taking?

Thanks
  • Misery
    • Dec 2012

If I've asked this in the wrong section, then please advise, thanks

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

In brief they both help keep hair quality health.

MSM and Biotin will NOT stop hair loss BUT they will help keep hair quality good.

MSM info : ( makes hair grow quicker , and nails )

Some of MSM’s essential functions in the body include maintaining the structure of the proteins in the body, helping the
      formation of keratin which is essential for hair and nail growth, aiding in the production of immunoglobulin which maintains
      the immune system, and catalyzing the chemical reactions which change food into energy.
      These functions often result in the following occurrences:

Inhibition of pain impulses along nerve fibres (analgesia)
      Lessening of inflammation
      Increase in blood supply
      Reduction of muscle spasm
      Softening of scar tissue

I have put together a site to aid anyone wanting to purchase relevant products post op to aid faster healing and quicker
      growth – I have done this due to the volume of emails I get everyday regarding these products so thought it would make
      sense put them all in one place. The products are for sale through this site below but I can assure you it is not about
      profit – rather helping guys get all the right stuff from one place without having to search around looking for it all post
      op. By all means use the info and go purchase the products yourself if you feel you can get them cheaper and easier.

Biotin info :

What is Biotin and what does it have to do with hair growth?
      Before we go into Biotin hair growth topics, let me clarify what Biotin actually is: Biotin is also known as vitamin H or B7. It is a
      water-soluble B-complex vitamin . Biotin supplements are often recommended for people with deficiencies in this vitamin to
      counteract hair loss. Many people also take an increased dose of the supplement to increase their hair growth rate, which effects
      can vary from one person to the other depending on several metabolism factors.
      Biotin hair growth facts: while there are different opinions out there, a very large number of people report that Biotin helps their
      natural hair grow faster and stronger (thicker). Although Biotin is created from yeast and bacteria, and is naturally produced by
      our bodies, increasing the dose we naturally create stimulates the creation and growth of hair and new skin cells, making them
      healthier and more abundant.
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Spex

MSM and Biotin will NOT stop hair loss BUT they will help keep hair quality good.
        ^That

Which is why I take Biotin. I do not take MSM myself so I can not speak for or against it. Biotin also makes your hair and nails grow faster, which is why so many women take it. Haha

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Spex

MSM info : ( makes hair grow quicker , and nails )

Some of MSM’s essential functions in the body include maintaining the structure of the proteins in the body, helping the
          formation of keratin which is essential for hair and nail growth, aiding in the production of immunoglobulin which maintains
          the immune system, and catalyzing the chemical reactions which change food into energy.
          These functions often result in the following occurrences:

Inhibition of pain impulses along nerve fibres (analgesia)
          Lessening of inflammation
          Increase in blood supply
          Reduction of muscle spasm
          Softening of scar tissue

I have put together a site to aid anyone wanting to purchase relevant products post op to aid faster healing and quicker
          growth – I have done this due to the volume of emails I get everyday regarding these products so thought it would make
          sense put them all in one place. The products are for sale through this site below but I can assure you it is not about
          profit – rather helping guys get all the right stuff from one place without having to search around looking for it all post
          op. By all means use the info and go purchase the products yourself if you feel you can get them cheaper and easier.

Biotin info :

What is Biotin and what does it have to do with hair growth?
          Before we go into Biotin hair growth topics, let me clarify what Biotin actually is: Biotin is also known as vitamin H or B7. It is a
          water-soluble B-complex vitamin . Biotin supplements are often recommended for people with deficiencies in this vitamin to
          counteract hair loss. Many people also take an increased dose of the supplement to increase their hair growth rate, which effects
          can vary from one person to the other depending on several metabolism factors.
          Biotin hair growth facts: while there are different opinions out there, a very large number of people report that Biotin helps their
          natural hair grow faster and stronger (thicker). Although Biotin is created from yeast and bacteria, and is naturally produced by
          our bodies, increasing the dose we naturally create stimulates the creation and growth of hair and new skin cells, making them
          healthier and more abundant.
          Well done Spex

Comment

• Spex
            Dr Representative
            • Nov 2008

No worries
            Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Misery
              • Dec 2012

Ah right, thanks people, then it's not worth adding another Vit to what I take, I heard people on Propecia were told to take it for some reason, but that's obviously not for the reasons I had thought.

Comment

Working...