+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My story at 38

Default My story at 38

I began using minx when I was about 21 and it worked like a dream. However in my mid 20s I stopped using it and preferred a bald look. As long as I still had luck with the ladies it was all good. But now I am 38 and I just miss having hair. I dont fear being bald and have been told I look nice bald, by many women.

About last year I decided to start using minox foam. Although my hair loss is advanced, there is more hair on my head than before I began. Seeing this small ray of hope I decided to start using some more treatments, and switched to the liquid minox.

The foam gets between my fingers and usually gets washed down the drain. I am also now using supplements such as multi vitamin, fish oil, biotin, and saw palmetto. I have also bought a laser comb, which I just started using last week.

I would also like to use Nizoral, but I am not sure where to buy it in the USA.

I realized I am closing the barn door after the horses have left the stable, but I am willing to give it another year to see what happens.

Its great to hear from other people and have a place to share my story. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tgajr View Post
    I began using minx when I was about 21 and it worked like a dream. However in my mid 20s I stopped using it and preferred a bald look. As long as I still had luck with the ladies it was all good. But now I am 38 and I just miss having hair. I dont fear being bald and have been told I look nice bald, by many women.

About last year I decided to start using minox foam. Although my hair loss is advanced, there is more hair on my head than before I began. Seeing this small ray of hope I decided to start using some more treatments, and switched to the liquid minox.

The foam gets between my fingers and usually gets washed down the drain. I am also now using supplements such as multi vitamin, fish oil, biotin, and saw palmetto. I have also bought a laser comb, which I just started using last week.

I would also like to use Nizoral, but I am not sure where to buy it in the USA.

I realized I am closing the barn door after the horses have left the stable, but I am willing to give it another year to see what happens.

Its great to hear from other people and have a place to share my story. Many thanks.
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum. You can buy Nizoral from pretty much any pharmacy or supermarket that has a pharmacy in it, but I'm not entirely sure why you're going through such efforts for a small amount of hair if you don't fear being bald and have been told by women you look nice bald. You've said so yourself the horses have left the stable. If you want my advice you should just continue to be you as you are, just my two cents however if you're absolutely determined to go down this route then the three things that will help you are finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral. The laser combs are a waste of money and anything else is pretty much well marketed snake oil.
    Anyways welcome to the forum and I hope you find the info you're looking for.

Kayman. You have a valid point. But I am only being honest. I guess its my high internal locus of control that makes the challenge worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by tgajr View Post
    Kayman. You have a valid point. But I am only being honest. I guess its my high internal locus of control that makes the challenge worth trying.
    Well, if you're doing it for challenge or curiosity's sakes then fair enough just make sure you don't fall back into any pits of anxiety or insecurity when it comes to letting it go again because ultimately our genetics always win. So yeah the big 3 will help you, finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, dont buy into anything else that says it will regrow your hair it wont, the above three are the ones proven to work. Be aware of the finasteride side effects before you start taking them and good luck.

If your hair loss is 'advanced' and you've accepted bald - don't bother with an ingested chemical. Keep your hormones normal.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    If your hair loss is 'advanced' and you've accepted bald - don't bother with an ingested chemical. Keep your hormones normal.
    I agree with you on that