+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haircut/Buzzcut

Default Haircut/Buzzcut

So we hit 2013 and I for one am tired of having whispy rubbish hair. I've attached some pictures of what my current hair is, diffuse thin vertex/crown with thick sides and back.

Im due to see my GP tomorrow regarding Fin, although issues over sides still worry me. And Rogaine? Foam or Liquid?

Could anyone recommend what sort of haircut I should attempt or will I need better photos?

Here are the photos:

Something like this might Work: http://www.google.dk/imgres?num=10&h...r:63,s:0,i:281

Buzz the sides and back with no guard! And leave a Little hair on top!

Few things, for the odd time, you could try something like Toppik/Nanogen etc. to cover that up so your hair looks more full.

medication wise, definitely add fin+Minoxidil, being as you still have a full hairline, Minoxidil specifically can work much better on the top of the head, and Fin tends to help diffuse thinners alot as well. So yea get on the big 2! or big 3(nizoral as well) if you want to really attack this stuff!

[QUOTE=Exodus;96502]So we hit 2013 and I for one am tired of having whispy rubbish hair. I've attached some pictures of what my current hair is, diffuse thin vertex/crown with thick sides and back.

Im due to see my GP tomorrow regarding Fin, although issues over sides still worry me. And Rogaine? Foam or Liquid?

Could anyone recommend what sort of haircut I should attempt or will I need better photos?

Minoxidil might do a decent job of restoring your crown over a 6 to 12 month period. Finasteride will prevent further loss. You will be tying yourself into a hairloss routine though as you need to take a pill everyday and then apply minoxidil twice a day, be aware of the sides fin can give you and also that fin only slows down the hair loss you will begin to lose ground again eventually. Buzz it off grade 2, stick with it for a month so you get used to how it looks because shaving it is what is going to come down to eventually (shave it every week) then go shorter (grade 1) and forget the hairloss, I wish that's what I would have done in the first place instead of stressing over it. I shave mine and its like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I find a little facial hair compliments the look.
    Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the reply's. Well my first approach is to get a cut I am happy with and one that relieves at least 80% of the pressure of having hair. I'll get it cut on Friday and Ill post some pictures up too.

I think I've gone beyond the stage of toppik or any concealer as if I appeared with a head of artificial thick hair, people would notice and comment, Id rather avoid that and just have it super short. I think Kaymans advice is pretty good, I'd rather maintain a short buzzed look then go straight into shaving (but we know it's heading in that direction).

In terms of regimen, what are peoples advice on applying minoxidil foam on short hair and how many times a week should I use Nizoral?

The first time you get it buzzed and look into the mirror it might come as a shock and you might need a few days to adjust to it. But I swear, the 2-3th time you get it cut it'll come as a relief.

Thanks guys. Well I'm going short, that's one thing Im certain about. Hopefully it'll be a long-term stop gap and if I get used to it, can maintain that rather then a luscious thick head of hair which I've long since given up on.

Kayman, you've done the typical regimen, Fin, Minox etc. What was your experience with it like? Did it work reasonably well? Were the sides particularly bad?

This monday it's buzzing time. Wish me luck guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    This monday it's buzzing time. Wish me luck guys!
    Good luck, brother. My thinning is creeeeeeeping back. I'm cutting my hair progressively shorter, subsequently. Probably won't be too long before I'm doing what you are. Interested in seeing how yours turns out.

Btw, if you like your buzzed head, do you think you'll just buy a clippers and do it yourself? I can't imagine paying even $10 for a barber to do it for me on the regular.

Thought I'd also offer some pics of my new hair cut. It's buzzed real short on the sides and back, and it's left long on top and front to give the illusion my hair is thicker up top. The front is pretty fkn wispy, so I typically throw some mousse in it just to keep it brushed to the side.. otherwise it's like 30 hairs for my bangs that look like shit.

Trained eye can probably tell my back is super thick still while the sides and top are thinned out.

I don't know how much thinner you are on top than I am, but this might be a viable option for you. Then, you can go progressively shorter up top until you're no-guarding the whole head.

Sorry for the lighting, still morning here. I'm actually getting progressively more comfortable with my head shape as I do this - that might be the best thing of it all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot(1).jpg

Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	18543   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot(2).jpg

Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	18544   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.jpg

Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	18545