+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Carlos Wesley, MD's Avatar

film Scarless Donor Surgery Vs. Traditional FUE: Preliminary Results Clinical Trial

We are sharing the preliminary results from our initial clinical trial focused on graft survival. While the scarless approach to harvesting has been the focus of much attention, this alternative method also provides the equally-important benefit of potentially increased transplanted hair follicle growth.

By providing a direct comparison between the growth of grafts harvested using traditional follicular unit extraction (FUE) versus those harvested with our alternative method, this investigation highlights both the rate of growth and the ultimate survival of transplanted hair follicles using each method.

The results are promising, to say the least. And it is very important to point out that the investigator conducting the hair counts was completely blinded to the type of graft transplanted in the area examined. This eliminated any potential bias in quantifying hair follicle survival.

Carlos Wesley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    844-745-6362
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com
    info@drcarloswesley.com

Can you please upload photos here.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Carlos Wesley, MD's Avatar

Sure.

These are a few explanatory images describing the nature of the trial. The first image is a pictorial description of how the trial was conducted. The second illustrates how the hair count studies were performed using a Folliscope (camera for magnified images). The final image illustrates the hair counts of the test grafts versus traditional FUE. A more complete description of the chart can be found here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clinical Trial Diagram.jpg

Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	18428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair_Count_Images.jpg

Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	18429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chart_FUE_Vs_TestGrafts.jpg

Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	18430  
    Carlos Wesley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    844-745-6362
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com
    info@drcarloswesley.com

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thank you Dr Wesley , i like what I am seeing thus far..Ill have to visit your website.
    Can you please explain just how this 'Scar-less surgery' technique of yours differs from FUE transplants?
    Why exactly does it show better results than traditional HTs?

Thank you for sharing this Dr. Wesley. To me this is the first real study showing these types of verifiable results. If this technique is producing scarless FUE and it's being presented to the medical societies and freely shared with other hair transplant surgeons, then this is the technique to watch for sure!

I'm so tired of seeing all the voodoo on the forums. Forum posters counting "regenerated" hair follicles etc. We want to see the facts, so thanks for doing this for us!

Arrow

534623 your post was deleted because it is in violation of our forum polices. BTT will no longer host overtly hostile, inappropriately argumentative, defamatory or incendiary posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    534623 your post was deleted because it is in violation of our forum polices. BTT will no longer host overtly hostile, inappropriately argumentative, defamatory or incendiary posts.
    Too bad... Many guys feel very cautious about new treatment options, and well, we can't even find ourself to consider an option, before every criticism (including Ironman's) of it has come under scrutiny

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    “A good scientist, however, always responds, with skepticism and researches the methods, calculations, and conclusions presented for possible flaws.”[/SIZE]

Oh, I forgot, a good scientist shouldn't argue with an idiot. Sorry.

but when i expressed skepticism at Gho's methods you had a go at me and said you found me very 'suspect'

don't dish it out if you cannot take it

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Too bad... Many guys feel very cautious about new treatment options, and well, we can't even find ourself to consider an option, before every criticism (including Ironman's) of it has come under scrutiny
    It is very important to question any new technology, however there is no need for childish, inappropriate, posts that border on harassment. If posters can not behave like adults and respect other users on this forum, they should should not post here.

Dr. Wesley,

I know the purpose of this video is to show improved hair counts, but can you tell us why you've called this a "Scarless" approach?

I can see how the picture on the right is a bit less gruesome than the one on the left, but is that because you're making a smaller incision or using a smaller punch?

What size punch are you using?

Does this mean you have a technique that shows less scaring in the recipient area while also showing improved hair count due to improved survivability?

Thanks!