+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I don't think Axl Rose is bald. His hair has just thinned a bit from the early 90s.
    1993:

1994:

2000:

2009:

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

His hair on those photos look A-OK.
    He certainly did have some type of hair-work done at some point in time.
    Check out this website: http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/2010/06/axl-rose.html

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    His hair on those photos look A-OK.
    He certainly did have some type of hair-work done at some point in time.
    Check out this website: http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/2010/06/axl-rose.html
    Thing is that, that site uses concert photos where his hair is a sweaty mess to demonstrate how it was "thinner"
    I go by the hairline. First pic is mid 80s:

Second is either 1996 or 1997 - the era in which he was supposedly going bald:

As you can see, from going from ones early 20s to mid 30s his hairline looked pretty much the same.

When he got the braids, the hairline was exactly the same as the '96 or '97 pic:

When he was last seen publicly in early '94, he had a rather full fringe, though you could tell the very front of said fringe had thinned a bit:

When arrested in 1998, the fringe where it had been thinning was gone:

By 2000, it had stabilized:

As to the part the site mentions about the texture changing. Here is a pic from 1984-1985 before Axl became famous/rich:

In 1990. When he got famous, he began straightening it basically; the hair he's most known for in the 80s-90s was basically long stringy straight hair - but as we see in the mid 80s pic, it was pretty wavy, the texture the same as it is now

I don't think he had hair work. I think he has, and has always had, a weird hairline for a Caucasian male; his hairline is inverted rather than pointed as can be seen even in the 1980s pic. It receded slightly in the 1990s and stopped at what would for him be a NW 2.5 based on his mature hairline in the 80s. I don't think any work was done.

It’s an interesting question, because for a lot of rockers from the 70s and 80s hair was part of the job description, so I think maybe they feel they have to have it no matter what. I remember seeing Ronnie Wood on a show (Top Gear, maybe) and the interviewer asked him about that, how come all the Rolling Stones all still have such great hair ? And it might just be because I’m over-senstive to such topics, but I did think that Mr Wood’s response was a little coy, and with hair likes those kinds of rockers have, you can’t really see the hairline or anything (we don’t call it a ‘mop’ for no reason), so they presumably all do something with it – whether it be dying or whatever. I know Lemmy dyed his hair, I heard him talking about it ("I’d look like Willie Nelson if I didn’t"). I’m sure there are a few pieces on a few older banging heads.

Just take a moment to say RIP David Bowie, possibly the greatest head of hair on any rock star ever, and quite possibly the coolest mo-fo that ever lived.

There are some bald rockers, but they tend to be more recent – Michael Stipe from REM, Billy Corgan, the guy from Live. All the (male) members of the Pixies were bald or balding by the time they re-formed in their late 30s/early 40s.

When I was 15 this was my favorite rock band and Axl Rose was literally the man of my dreams lol. Quite a lot of time has passed, but I remember them before, when I was walking from school and listening to GNR. By the way, at that time I just listened to music on my phone, downloading it from the Internet. If I had services like Tubidy, everything would be much easier. This is a free service that I actively use now, because I couldn't get used to the fact that now you have to pay for a subscription if you want to listen to music.