+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default '70's-80's rockers and hair

How do these guys keep their hair?? How is something like Keith Richards even remotely possible? He's lost every other part of his body **except** his hair??

I guess Eddie Van Halen is the stand-out tragedy to rocker hair loss. I don't know why he didn't do something about it sooner.

Slash still looks good. Do you think he wears a wig??

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Eddie Van Halen still has a good head of hair, his brain cells may have extensively receded though
    You must be thinking of David Lee Roth,,his hair loss is terrible.
    Keith Richards does have hair loss..he hides it well...he has loss in his crown +

Angry

Axl Rose is also thinning big-time, is *obese*, and looks like a complete disaster.

Very depressing.

Honestly -- I'd rather look like a Keith Richards crypt keeper than a fat (used-tire) Axl Rose.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

hahahaha -Understood 100% Yes Axel Rose went to great lengths to hide his hair loss..it didn't work.
    He and his band were 'one hit wonders' in my opinion.
    Although 'Slash' is technically very good on his guitar work,,nothing he has done would define him as being in the top ten. As far as his hair is concerned, how could we really know if he has hair loss,,He wears that stupid looking hat 100% of the time.

Well, three in seven men escape the balding gene altogether, and you can bet in the days of Hair Metal and Glam Rock that anybody who was anything worse than a NW1 got kicked to the curb - so you're looking at a somewhat biased sample!

The old punk rockers are balding en masse though! And they don't seem to give a sh-t, which I guess is more their style.

There are many rockers who are bald/baldling. Here is a list of those I know.

1. The singer of Disturbed
    2. Kerry King from Slayer
    3. Axl Rose from Guns N Roses
    4. Lars Ulrich from Metallica, Kirk Hammet had hair transplant, James Hetfield is thinning too!
    5. The singer of Scorpions and also one of their guitarist
    6. Rob Halford from Judas Priest
    7. Singer from Poison

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    hahahaha -Understood 100% Yes Axel Rose went to great lengths to hide his hair loss..it didn't work.
    He and his band were 'one hit wonders' in my opinion.
    Although 'Slash' is technically very good on his guitar work,,nothing he has done would define him as being in the top ten. As far as his hair is concerned, how could we really know if he has hair loss,,He wears that stupid looking hat 100% of the time.
    What? He is one of the greatest axe men of all time. Just because guns split and they only release 4 or 5 albums doesn't mean that you take quantity over quality. Slash produced songs and solo's of the highest order on 4 of those albums, work that other guitarists cant get close to. Songs like Sweet child of mine, Estranged, November Rain, Civil war, 14 years, Locomotive, Welcome to the Jungle, Don't cry, 14 years, the garden and many more.

He is easily one of the greatest lead guitarists of all time.

Slash is a great player. But my fave is Jimmy Page, who incidently turned 69 today, and although grey and thinning, carries it off pretty well imo.

Lol I have wondered about this too. Some honorable mentions: Jimmy Page, Ozzy Osbourne, Brian May, Tommy Iomi and Robert Plant who all have a RIDICULOUSLY good head of hair for their age.

It annoys me as a fellow rocker and guitar player that I am losing my hair at 22, sucks!

Roger Daltrey also has a hell of a mop on his head still, along with Paul Weller