+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    More of them wear hair than most people realize. I don't think Steven Tyler does though. He just developed the natural and normal adult mature male hair line and that's it. Joe Perry's temples recede deeper than Steven Tyler's temples do though. But for both of those guys, it seems to have stopped at the natural and normal adult mature male hair line.

Check out my babe Tommy Shaw in this video. He has such beautiful hair. Yet when he starts running around on stage, you can clearly see that he has the natural and normal adult mature male hair line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBPRa89aig
    I cant even see Steven Tyler's hairline with that mop of hair

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I cant even see Steven Tyler's hairline with that mop of hair
    Check out the music video for Dude looks like a lady (Joe FSI's signature tune haha). Steven shows his hair line more than once in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The band is the same but a different member of the band sang Mr. Roboto. I do like Styx a lot - but mostly the Tommy Shaw songs. I love Tommy's hair in this video. I want my hair to look like his does in this video. Though my hair is currently about the same length, I do not have enough density to do it. So I need to wear a topper to add some density. The toppers I used to wear are too short to do it, so I need to buy new ones. As soon as I can get a job, I am going to buy new toppers so I can wear my hair like that.
    Have you ever gotten into Damn Yankees? That was Tommy Shaw's 80s-style rock band although they released their couple of albums in 90 and 92. Jack Blades of Night Ranger was on bass and Ted Nugent on lead guitar. Really kickin' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    There are many rockers who are bald/baldling. Here is a list of those I know.

1. The singer of Disturbed
    2. Kerry King from Slayer
    3. Axl Rose from Guns N Roses
    4. Lars Ulrich from Metallica, Kirk Hammet had hair transplant, James Hetfield is thinning too!
    5. The singer of Scorpions and also one of their guitarist
    6. Rob Halford from Judas Priest
    7. Singer from Poison
    The thing is that most of these guys started to lose their hair as they got much older. Kerry King had his throughout the 80s when he was younger, so did Axl Rose, Lars Ulrich, Rob Halford, and Bret Michaels. These guys didn't live their youthful years scarred with hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    The thing is that most of these guys started to lose their hair as they got much older. Kerry King had his throughout the 80s when he was younger, so did Axl Rose, Lars Ulrich, Rob Halford, and Bret Michaels. These guys didn't live their youthful years scarred with hair loss.
    I totally agree with this! As an aspiring musician, it is so ****ing hard to deal with this!! How many rockstars become famous bald? Can anyone even name any?

Have you ever gotten into Damn Yankees?
    Yes! I am a huge Tommy Shaw fan.

Breaking Bald, although I can't think of many musicians that went bald early, one that comes to mind is Chris Daughtry. I really respect him because not only does his music have great melodies and harmonies, but he really does not let his hair loss become an issue and still looks good.

Tracy, good to hear that you're into Damn Yankees! My old band used to cover Coming of Age. Are you into any other 80s rock bands like Poison, Ratt, Warrant, or Motley? Those were some of the bands that got me started playing.

That is an interesting observation. And who knows, Guns N Roses might have ended up because of Axl Rose starting being concerned about his baldness. Also Poison had a big break b/w 93 and 2000, perhaps due to Bret Michael's thinning hair, and the reason Judas Priest disbanded after Painkiller was maybe due to Halford becoming noticibly bald. On the other hand, AC/DC's Brian Johnson has always been wearing a hat, so I assume he has been bald since he was very young. Also U2's The Edge started balding very early.

A big part of being a rockstar is having 'sex appeal', the groupies want to be with you and the guys want to be you.

There's only a few genres of music (country, death metal) where that doesn't really matter as much.

I've NEVER seen a band with a front man or lead guitarist who's been noticeably balding BEFORE the band hit the big time.
    The Edge doesn't count, because nobody likes U2 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    A big part of being a rockstar is having 'sex appeal', the groupies want to be with you and the guys want to be you.

There's only a few genres of music (country, death metal) where that doesn't really matter as much.

I've NEVER seen a band with a front man or lead guitarist who's been noticeably balding BEFORE the band hit the big time.
    The Edge doesn't count, because nobody likes U2 anyway.
    Disturbed is pretty popular, their singer is bald. Phil Collins was also pretty bald when he became famous. Also Seal has always been bald. And while Phil Anselmo of Pantera is not naturally bald, he often shaves his head.