+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Although your point about society's perception is right, it is old news that MPB is associated with increased risk for heart disease and prostate cancer. Whatever the link is between the two, MBP and heart/prostate disease, eliminating this plague at the genetic level (and not just restoring hair) should be set as one of the next goals in medicine.

I cannot forget the poster that I saw many years ago in the consultation room of a cardiologist: it was about risk factors for heart disease and, among other things, it had the image of a miserable BALD (NW6+) middle aged man looking like 60+, tired and sad. I was in shock. The message of the poster was that if you go bald at younger age, you better start monitoring earlier the health of your heart.
    Not true really. Another study suggested that bald men have lesser chance of getting prostrate cancer. And about heart diseases, only those bald men were at most risk who started balding from the crown. But if you compare every bald/balding men against all men with hair, the risks were the same. Secondly, there was also a study which suggested that prematurely balding guys could be the male equivalent of women with PCOS. But that was also debunked later on by another study. I don't have time to put the links of those studies here, but you can find those yourself by using google.

I feel like men with MPB in general, have higher androgen levels like more body hair. The higher androgens are bad for you long term part of why women live longer then men. Partly personal opinion but I dont think high androgens are a good thing even if they help your sex drive or make muscle easier to get.
    The androgen link is huge though you can see everyday evidence of it. Most young bald men I know are abnormally hairy. I just dont think its all coincidence. If you value hair you want to lower all androgens as much as possible safely

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I feel like men with MPB in general, have higher androgen levels like more body hair. The higher androgens are bad for you long term part of why women live longer then men. Partly personal opinion but I dont think high androgens are a good thing even if they help your sex drive or make muscle easier to get.
    The androgen link is huge though you can see everyday evidence of it. Most young bald men I know are abnormally hairy. I just dont think its all coincidence. If you value hair you want to lower all androgens as much as possible safely
    Yet I know many young bald men who can hardly grow a proper beard. So, what you are saying is not totally true. I myself have normal body hair. We make too many generalizations when talking about bald men, like for example, all of them are equivalent of females with PCOS, they are low in energy etc. while there have been top athletes like Michael Jordan and Andre Agassi who went prematurely bald.

I actually commend this mother for doing what she is doing. Although some people can live their lives accepting their baldness, it is absolutely devastating for others (myself included). She is not looking down upon people with hair loss. She knows that hair loss can be devastating for many men and she loves her son so much that she does not want to see him experience this devastation, particularly at such a young age. She is trying to be proactive with her son, something that I wish that I would have done as soon as hair loss manifested itself in me. Hell, there were years where I didn't notice hair loss on myself yet I'm sure other people did. And I wish that they would have so I could've started treating it as soon as possible.

Baldozer, I respect your opinions though because you practice what you preach. You're not one of these people with such minimal hair loss that preaches for people with extensive hair loss to get on with their lives. That's almost like some one who does not suffer from hair loss telling an extensive hair loss sufferer how to live their lives. They cannot fathom what it is like to be in their shoes since they have never experienced it for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Yet I know many young bald men who can hardly grow a proper beard. So, what you are saying is not totally true. I myself have normal body hair. We make too many generalizations when talking about bald men, like for example, all of them are equivalent of females with PCOS, they are low in energy etc. while there have been top athletes like Michael Jordan and Andre Agassi who went prematurely bald.
    Yeah I am over generalizing for sure, but most of the cases seems to be true. Its always been a sensitivity issue so someone with low androgen levels can still go bald but you also have to consider the speed. Higher androgens I would guess means faster rate of balding most of the time. I am just saying in most cases I see its true they are much hairier then most men their age. That is just what I see and you can always point out people that are not but they could be the minority. There are always exceptions to poorly understood things like this
    If a guy can barely grow a beard and has little/no chest hair or body hair I would argue they are balding very slowly unless they say took steroids or made a major change to androgen levels.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah I am over generalizing for sure, but most of the cases seems to be true. Its always been a sensitivity issue so someone with low androgen levels can still go bald but you also have to consider the speed. Higher androgens I would guess means faster rate of balding most of the time. I am just saying in most cases I see its true they are much hairier then most men their age. That is just what I see and you can always point out people that are not but they could be the minority. There are always exceptions to poorly understood things like this
    If a guy can barely grow a beard and has little/no chest hair or body hair I would argue they are balding very slowly unless they say took steroids or made a major change to androgen levels.
    There seems to be a connection, but like the other poster said, it is not always true. I would say I have average chest hair, but early/heavy beard and would rate my mpb as early, yet very slow. But one of my cousins can't grow a beard yet he has early fairly aggressive balding.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    She is trying to be proactive with her son, something that I wish that I would have done as soon as hair loss manifested itself in me. Hell, there were years where I didn't notice hair loss on myself yet I'm sure other people did. And I wish that they would have so I could've started treating it as soon as possible.
    This 100%. I wish someone would have been proactive with me. My mom, uncle, anybody who could have helped would have saved me much grief. If you have seen my before pics, you would probably ask: "how the hell did you not notice your hair was that bad!", but I didn't. If somebody would have just pulled me aside years ago and said: "This might offend you but you are losing a bunch of hair", it could have made a huge difference in my appearance. I might have been embarrased, but I would have been grateful, they were trying to look out for me.

I have a younger brother and if he starts to lose his hair, I will let him know what his options are.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    This 100%. I wish someone would have been proactive with me. My mom, uncle, anybody who could have helped would have saved me much grief. If you have seen my before pics, you would probably ask: "how the hell did you not notice your hair was that bad!", but I didn't. If somebody would have just pulled me aside years ago and said: "This might offend you but you are losing a bunch of hair", it could have made a huge difference in my appearance. I might have been embarrased, but I would have been grateful, they were trying to look out for me.

I have a younger brother and if he starts to lose his hair, I will let him know what his options are.
    Im the same I did not recognise I was loosing hair until I was about NW4 and I don't know how, Like you I wish some one had told me earlier!

Hi Much Too Young, I have no idea if ull see this or not but thought I’d try. I see ur post is 6 years old. I am a mom of a 19 year old young man losing his hair and I am devistated for him. Was wondering if we might be able to text/talk ? Please lmk if that might be possible thank you so much!

my son is 2 years old, he began to grow bald in a lobby is frequent the heads. It is strong! What to do? To what doctor to show? Help please council

Somebody addressed to this clinic of http://www.alopeciacure.com/? What do you think whether can correctly appoint treatment if to consult online?