+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    I think it is so stupid to stop propecia because that temporary side effect. do not be spoiled and get into that damn propecia. Most people think they have side effect because they read garbage from some stupid website. if you think about it and stop taking it, one day you will regret !
    My side effects almost destroyed my marriage and persisted for at least 9 months. So while it might have been slowing down my balding process it was most definitely eating away at my sense of being a man.

I am so glad I stopped taking propecia. I've tried numerous times to start back on it but sadly I get the side effects. Please trust this tears at my very soul man!!!

Also I'd never heard of the side effects until after I was taking the drug. So it wasnt that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I don't agree that you can say that they work for MOST people.
    You are not required to agree if you don't want to - but the evidence says it does and the evidence is very strong and very solid.

I have been reading TBT for years now. MOST people here (in the "future treatments thread") experience side effects with fin. While I appreciate the good intentions Tracy I don't think this is the right place to talk up Propecia.
    This is exactly the right place to talk about it. The name of this forum is "The Bald Truth". This forum is hosted by The American Hair Loss Association. The American Hair Loss Association recommends Propecia for men suffering with hereditary hair loss. The reason the AHLA recommends this medication is because the truth is this medication works for most men who use it - and most men who use it do not experience the possible side effects. You are not required to agree with that or even like it if you don't want to - but it is the truth. If you feel that this specific forum is the wrong place to talk about a medication that is proven to work, then you are participating in the wrong forum. You need to go somewhere else. There are lots of other hair loss forums that will gladly feed you the BS you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are not required to agree if you don't want to - but the evidence says it does and the evidence is very strong and very solid.

This is exactly the right place to talk about it. The name of this forum is "The Bald Truth". This forum is hosted by The American Hair Loss Association. The American Hair Loss Association recommends Propecia for men suffering with hereditary hair loss. The reason the AHLA recommends this medication is because the truth is this medication works for most men who use it - and most men who use it do not experience the possible side effects. You are not required to agree with that or even like it if you don't want to - but it is the truth. If you feel that this specific forum is the wrong place to talk about a medication that is proven to work, then you are participating in the wrong forum. You need to go somewhere else. There are lots of other hair loss forums that will gladly feed you the BS you want to hear.
    Now you're acting all defensive.

This is the "cutting edge future treatments" section of your blah blah blah above...

This is not the THREAD to be talking about propecia whether you like it or not. Netiquitte 101 dude. I'll fight you to the bitter end on that.

Right website and forums. Wrong topic sweetheart.

Honestly have you thought the pharmaceutical companies feeding you bullshit about how safe their drugs are. Especially ones such as famous as propecia. I honestly don't think +95% of the doctors who know / are prescribing the medications know about the side effects of propecia. so my bet is beware

I really disagree with the statement that minoxidil works for most people. I will concede that Propecia will work to some degree for most people, I will also agree with Kiwi that it does have side effects that come with it. And I'll bet anything that the side effects are more than the 2% that Merck claims them to be. I am experiencing these side effects myself yet I am so scared to death of baldness that I am continuing to take the medication regardless. However, I do not believe at all that minoxidil works for most people. For the most part, I haven't seen much evidence that minoxidil really does much of anything significant. Plus, there are many people who have experienced shedding of hair on minoxidil that has never grown back. Plenty of people on this forum have attested to that.

I also believe that hair loss IS in fact a disease, one that drastically and negatively affects the emotional, psychological, and mental well-being of the sufferer. Even Spencer sides with me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I really disagree with the statement that minoxidil works for most people. I will concede that Propecia will work to some degree for most people, I will also agree with Kiwi that it does have side effects that come with it. And I'll bet anything that the side effects are more than the 2% that Merck claims them to be. I am experiencing these side effects myself yet I am so scared to death of baldness that I am continuing to take the medication regardless. However, I do not believe at all that minoxidil works for most people. For the most part, I haven't seen much evidence that minoxidil really does much of anything significant. Plus, there are many people who have experienced shedding of hair on minoxidil that has never grown back. Plenty of people on this forum have attested to that.

I also believe that hair loss IS in fact a disease, one that drastically and negatively affects the emotional, psychological, and mental well-being of the sufferer. Even Spencer sides with me on this one.
    Minoxidil in my eyes is more of a booster, it does work to an extent for most people, but by extent, that usually just means slowing the loss(trust me it does it, I got off it for a week and was shedding like crazy). To be honest I think BIM will become a better minoxidil replacement, as long as those pigmintation sides dont occur. BIM seems to be on track for phase III next year.

Fin is the best drug out there when it doesnt give you sides, it can completely stabilize the loss.

The only reason I reccomend fin is because I can tell or at least from what I'm reading is that there are new products coming within a few years, specifically aderans may be a very good, permanent, replacement for fin. So essentially we shouldnt have to be on this drug for more than 4-5 years.

I'm not sure why all the pessimism with some of you guys, Aderans is finally hitting Phase III after years of tests, Histogen is showing very positive early signs, BIM sounds like it works so far. Even spencer said that only 10 years ago we had nothing like these products in the works!

I think 2013 will be a huge year, because many of you will stop crying, when you see two products hit phase III(aderans+Bim) as well as more positive results from Histogen. Not saying a cure is coming, but a few much better solutions definitely are, we are no longer 5-10 years away, we're about 2-3 years from our next solution.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    The only reason I reccomend fin is because I can tell or at least from what I'm reading is that there are new products coming within a few years, specifically aderans may be a very good, permanent, replacement for fin. So essentially we shouldnt have to be on this drug for more than 4-5 years
    The only reason, personally, I'm still on fin is because within the next decade it is perfectly plausible that fin (and dut) will become obsolete, whether through high-end super treatments or CB or PGD2 inhibitors, or (hopefully) multiple options. Otherwise I honestly wouldn't have bothered.

Default Propecia

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    The only reason, personally, I'm still on fin is because within the next decade it is perfectly plausible that fin (and dut) will become obsolete, whether through high-end super treatments or CB or PGD2 inhibitors, or (hopefully) multiple options. Otherwise I honestly wouldn't have bothered.
    looks like I have no choice to go back on it but I get weight gain as a a side, I'm going to watch my diet to the max, I work out does any one else have this side? I was looking at natural estrogen blocker to help against this?

I'll fight you to the bitter end on that.
    You won't get anywhere with that so don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I really disagree with the statement that minoxidil works for most people.
    The evidence says it does. Again, you are not required to agree with the evidence.