+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    It is just pathetic.
    Not long ago, it was not possible to do anything about hereditary hair loss. Hereditary hair loss is not a disease. It is a natural and normal human trait. Like it or not, that is the truth about it. The only reason the medical research community has done anything about it at all is because of the profit potential that exists. Treatments for hereditary hair loss will get better - but development will continue to take a back seat to more life threatening conditions. It just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Barely better than useless, yes.
    I am so very sorry that the current treatments are not working for you. However, the truth is they do work for most people who use them. We do need something better - and something better will happen - but what is available now still works for most people. They are not perfect and sadly they do not work for everyone, but they are still better than than the nothing we had not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I am so very sorry that the current treatments are not working for you. However, the truth is they do work for most people who use them. We do need something better - and something better will happen - but what is available now still works for most people. They are not perfect and sadly they do not work for everyone, but they are still better than than the nothing we had not long ago.
    I don't agree that you can say that they work for MOST people.

I have been reading TBT for years now. MOST people here (in the "future treatments thread") experience side effects with fin. While I appreciate the good intentions Tracy I don't think this is the right place to talk up that ****ing scummy drug that they call Propecia.

Of course that said... I still totally love your work gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

I have been reading TBT for years now. MOST people here (in the "future treatments thread") experience side effects with fin. While I appreciate the good intentions Tracy I don't think this is the right place to talk up that ****ing scummy drug that they call Propecia.

Most the people claiming to experience sexual sides are just paranoid becuase of the mass online hysteria about sexual sides. There are plenty of common prescription drugs prescribed to way more people than fin that potentially cause sexual sides but because they are prescribed for medical rather than cosmetic use physicians and people alike dont read so deeply into the list of sides. The list of sides for paracetamol alone would scare the hell out of people if there was the equivalent level hype about sides. I know some people really do experience sides, but its just no more significant than many other drugs.

sorry for the negativity but your wrong. as we all know very well finasteride messes with your dht drastically, the most powerful male sex androgen in your body BY FAR. i bet you it truly effects the sex drive / libido of almost everyone who takes it, whether they truly know it or not. i used to convince myself when i took it that only 2% or maybe even 10% of guys experience side effects but i bet you everyone of us does to some degree. Im 20 so obviously its going to effect me more so perhaps, but i just feel like people on this forum want to convince themselves that the drug is safe and wont effect them because of how desperate they are, when really its such a risky thing to be messing with. once again sorry for the negativity, i just hate propecia / my situation. btw i have taken it a few times for long periods and my suggestion is to stay away from the stuff, you'll end up stopping eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

That's what you call an availability heuristic. The people who do get side effects are going to be the ones who are more vocal about it on a message forum. It may be that the incidences of side effects are under-reported, but as of now there is no basis in saying that the drug is more harmful than good for most people, especially considering many people do benefit from its use.

2013 better bring us a better treatment than rogaine thats all im saying.

I think it is so stupid to stop propecia because that temporary side effect. do not be spoiled and get into that damn propecia. Most people think they have side effect because they read garbage from some stupid website. if you think about it and stop taking it, one day you will regret !

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    2013 better bring us a better treatment than rogaine thats all im saying.
    Thats the spirit!