+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Hey Des, sorry to hijack. How's it going with your Fin use? I'm thinning a lot, not on the drug but edging closer to trying it..
    Hey man

I don't know if you've been reading my thread the last few days, but all sides have now disappeared and my libido is back to pre-fin! This happened just a week after I reached the 12th month mark!

I'm still only taking it Tuesdays and Fridays + Nizoral 1%....

Hair's staying strong! Temples are still holding where they were last year which is great... 0.25 mg TWICE WEEKLY definitely works and the sides are tolerable!

I really think everyone should give this regimen a shot before writing off fin.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yes a lot of the information comes straight from Gail if you email her, but dont bother her too much - let her get on with working on HSC.
    I agree 100% ...sometimes bothering her can do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I was also wondering, if we should just wire some donations to Gail via Paypal?

What do you guys think about this? She could use this money to help speed up research.
    I really think we should have an organisation to represent us before doing anything like this! Hellouser and Axel are working on this and it sounds very exciting!

We can even use some of that money to have representatives at these Hair research conferences to get up to date info about what is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey man

I don't know if you've been reading my thread the last few days, but all sides have now disappeared and my libido is back to pre-fin! This happened just a week after I reached the 12th month mark!

Hair's staying strong! Temples are still holding where they were last year which is great... 0.25 mg TWICE WEEKLY definitely works and the sides are tolerable!

I was always curious why more people didn't just take way lower doses

I agree 100% ...sometimes bothering her can do more harm than good.

I really think we should have an organisation to represent us before doing anything like this! Hellouser and Axel are working on this and it sounds very exciting!

We can even use some of that money to have representatives at these Hair research conferences to get up to date info about what is happening!
    Agreed. And I think it's important to have a clear mission statement and goals BEFORE the site is launched. Not during, not after, if people are going to donate they will do so for something credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Agreed. And I think it's important to have a clear mission statement and goals BEFORE the site is launched. Not during, not after, if people are going to donate they will do so for something credible.
    That is the plan. There's a LOT of planning involved before anything like this is launched. Thats where all the focus needs to be to ensure a proper and successful execution of a campaign of this potential size. Curing hair loss means as much to mean as it does to so many of you, and i'm sure some of you are more beat up about it than I am, but I do have my moments where I feel like i'm at the shit end of the stick with societies perception of me and my hair loss. I would give everything to reverse it. That said, expect the absolute best effort from me to get this done right

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    That is the plan. There's a LOT of planning involved before anything like this is launched. Thats where all the focus needs to be to ensure a proper and successful execution of a campaign of this potential size. Curing hair loss means as much to mean as it does to so many of you, and i'm sure some of you are more beat up about it than I am, but I do have my moments where I feel like i'm at the shit end of the stick with societies perception of me and my hair loss. I would give everything to reverse it. That said, expect the absolute best effort from me to get this done right
    Absolutely and thanks again for your work

What can be done by others?

Hey man

I'm doing every other day and I feel great. I started with once every three days.

I was doing every 36 hours for some time and that was ok too, I plan on slowly upping the dose again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    I'm doing every other day and I feel great. I started with once every three days.

I was doing every 36 hours for some time and that was ok too, I plan on slowly upping the dose again soon.
    I was following up closely the updates of Fin users. I have seen many examples:-

1) 0.5mg every day
    2) 1mg every other day
    3) 1mg once a week
    4) 0.5mg twice a week

But still many are suffering from sides. If I just knew the right regime then I wont hesitate to try as I was taking 1mg a day back in 2007.

I would love to see scientific studies about dose lowering & sexual sides. Also hear from people who suffered SEX SIDES with taking 1mg a day and started to lose them when they followed a lower dose regime. To me, sex sides is the main subject!!!

I had sides with 1mg / day (took it 5.5 months). I stopped fin completely for one full year and restarted 5 months ago with 0.25mg twice a week like Desmond.

Well my hairloss stopped and I have zero sides. I feel extremely good and happy as never before.

I even feel like I gain muscles faster. Don`t know why, maybe because of the slightly increased testo-level..

20 years ago if you' asked any one what they thought hair loss treatments will be like 20 years from then, it would probably be unanimous that there will be a cure. Well here is 2013, nothing better than 1993 in terms of treatment, but HT's surely are a lot better.