More or less likely to get sides with fin...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breaking Bald
    • Aug 2012

More or less likely to get sides with fin...

If you have a high sex drive??

I have a ridiculously high sex drive, it's actually really irritating, especially as I do not have a gf. So do you think I am more or less likely to get sides with fin if I started?

Also, do you think people with aggressive mpb have a higher sex drive in general? I guess this would make sense right?
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Doesn't matter and no, probably not, it varies.

Comment

• Aames
      Inactive
      • Nov 2012

As clan said, it's probably hard to say. Although, I have seen many people recommend getting blood-work first to ensure that you have normal T levels. As sex-drive and T levels are positively correlated, I would HYPOTHESIZE that you have normal or even high T levels. What does this mean in terms of sides? Good question. If I had to GUESS, I would say that you will likely notice the effects of fin more but you SHOULDN'T be causing persistent sides (hopefully) by pushing your hormone levels out of the normal range (since your starting place is normal or even high instead of borderline low).

This is pure speculation btw, so please do not take what I said as fact as it might be terribly incorrect.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
        • Aug 2012

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

It'd be speculation if they did. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

Comment

• inspects
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
            If you have a high sex drive??

I have a ridiculously high sex drive, it's actually really irritating, especially as I do not have a gf. So do you think I am more or less likely to get sides with fin if I started?

Also, do you think people with aggressive mpb have a higher sex drive in general? I guess this would make sense right?
            Breaking, why don't you just try the drug rather than trying to guess what other people may experience, each person is different, so its a flip of a coin really. Just remember about 2% of the population will experience possible side-effects, the people who think they will experience side-effects the percentage will be extremely higher. My suggestion is pop the pill and forget about it, if your capable of doing so.

As you know the people who experience the sides whether actual or mental are very vocal about their experiences. Others like myself who do not have any sides do not post on every thread in this forum regarding side-effects related to Propecia.

Propecia didn't affect me in any way, others may experience different results.

The best part of the drug is it stopped my hair loss and I'm gaining ground, others may experience different results as well.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
              • Aug 2012

Ahhhhhh man I know I should! But I am literally terrified of it, it just makes no sense to me that inhibiting a hormone we don't really know about is a good idea.

But I still get tempted to take it...all the time. To be honest I think the young guys like me are more at risk of sides, as your body is still going through hormonal changes during your early 20's, don't you think?

If I took it I think I would be paranoid about everything, like if I was feeling tired, dizzy etc I would be thinking 'Is it the propecia?' especially as people are constantly coming up with new suggestions of possible sides and problems it may cause in the future. If I experienced sides I would be devastated beyond believe

Comment

• inspects
                • Aug 2012

I would suggest you not experiment than.......

Every time you see more hair falling out, just remember, I told you so...

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by inspects
                  I would suggest you not experiment than.......

Every time you see more hair falling out, just remember, I told you so...
                  I wish I could take it, maybe I'll get desperate enough I still just can't believe that there are no better options other than playing Russian roulette with a drug that wasn't even made for hair loss.

Comment

• inspects
                    • Aug 2012

I wish I could take it, maybe I'll get desperate enough I still just can't believe that there are no better options other than playing Russian roulette with a drug that wasn't even made for hair loss.
                    Hey, if you try it for a couple weeks and it works, AMEN...if you have sides, dump it...simple as that..your dick isn't going to fall off, and the nonsense from people who took one pill and their ready to hang themselves is BS....

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                      • Aug 2012

Hey, if you try it for a couple weeks and it works, AMEN...if you have sides, dump it...simple as that..your dick isn't going to fall off, and the nonsense from people who took one pill and their ready to hang themselves is BS....
                      Hmmm what about those who experience sides years down the line?

Comment

• inspects
                        • Aug 2012

Breaking

I had a transplant...I had only a 2500 hair transplant...they said I needed 5000, and I wholeheatedly agreed.

Here is a before picture.

Here is at four months post-op...I been taking Propecia since I had the transplant...I don't think I'll even get the remaining 2500 follicles after seeing the results in such a short period of time...the doctor said the Propecia really helped, and I agree, its filling in my hair nicely.

I'll take a five month photo tomorrow when there is some natural light, my hair is much thicker now than the four month picture.

Comment

• inspects
                          • Aug 2012

Hmmm what about those who experience sides years down the line?
                          Believe what you want, personally I believe its a bunch of nonsense.

What are the percentages for these folks....005% or something like that?

If you have a mental picture the drug is going to affect you, its best not to take it.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                            • Aug 2012

Believe what you want, personally I believe its a bunch of nonsense.

What are the percentages for these folks....005% or something like that?

If you have a mental picture the drug is going to affect you, its best not to take it.
                            Meh I guess If I have this mind set then taking the drug is probably a bad idea as you say. Make sure to keep us updated on your progress though.

Comment

• inspects
                              • Aug 2012

Meh I guess If I have this mind set then taking the drug is probably a bad idea as you say. Make sure to keep us updated on your progress though.
                              I'll take more pictures tomorrow, best of luck to you whatever you decide...hopefully there will be something else available to the public in the next couple years.

If your loss is not significantly progressive you should be fine, or get a transplant if your not too young and don't expect to have progressive loss in the near future. I hope your donor hair stays intact until some product comes to market.

Cheers Mate,

-Dale-

Comment

Working...