+ Reply to Thread

Default Mike from Liverpool UK

Hi Guys
    Just wanted to ask if there are any good places for treatment in the UK?
    I am 49 in a few hours & the last few years my bald patch has caught up with me.

Regainne helped for awhile but i think its time to seek a better solution.

Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Agem View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just wanted to ask if there are any good places for treatment in the UK?
    I am 49 in a few hours & the last few years my bald patch has caught up with me.

Regainne helped for awhile but i think its time to seek a better solution.

Cheers
    Mike
    Well if the minox has stopped working for you the next step would be finasteride which is branded as propecia, a drug that rapidly slows down hair loss to almost nothing and grows a little back on the crown. I was on it for six years but came off for personal reasons, but if you want to get on it I'd say go to your local boots and speak to the pharmacist about the hair retention program, three months propecia for £90, you pop one tablet a day, the pharmacist will go through the possible side effects etc.
    Then there's always the hair transplant route but that's very pricey and once you go down it you're committed to follow up surgery's as you will continue to lose hair around the transplanted hair.

Agem,

The only two FDA approved medications are finasteride and minoxidil.

I am in the UK also, and I can personally recommend ukfinasteride.info to get finasteride from. The all round service is excellent, and I only recently got a 15 month supply of proscar from them for 220 GBP.That is if you decide to use it of course.

Regarding minoxidil, I don't use it at this stage but as I age, will likely introduce into my regime. When I do, I will probably get it from
    www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk as I have had it recommended to me by other forum members.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Mike . Hey a Liverpudlian among us. Welcome bro. Your at the right place for GREAT advice and research.
    When I was 49 my hair loss had become very apparent and not just to my eyes . I was LUCKY to have kept a 'decent' head of hair til that age. Since the age of 30ish my hair receded to a certain point which was OK because i could maintain it fairly well (in my eyes).
    At 49 I went through major long term stress which may have , I believe ,hastened my hair loss. My crown began its balding progress and the hairline stepped up its thinning and receding.
    I bring my history up because i think we are similar in our loss.
    Ive been a member here for quite a while now and have become so much more educated and aware in my approach to possible current hair loss treatments and what we may have for us in the near future. (and i do mean NEAR)
    One thing to keep in mind Mike,,do not allow any negativity or drama that you may see here cloud your personal judgement.
    My wife and I may be visiting Liverpool in 2013..any recommendations? Cheers

My thanks for everyone coming back.

Not keen on taking any meds, looking at my bro (8 years older) & my Father 84 years old i reached the same point....i lost 95% of what am going to lose. At present i am simply looking into the subject of a transplant & i must confess to being very unhappy with what i see.

Problem is 2,500 hairs sounds a lot, but it appears not to cover very much. Great if you have a small patch but not so great if you have a "in growing mo-he-can".

It seems that 5,000 hairs are the limit & that is cost BIG money. I know that the prices are now falling, more & more places offer the service using FUE, but its the lack of transplantable hair that stops it being a winner.

I did see a BBC report some years ago about a method of getting cut hair to grown roots so it could be used. A follow up story in the press said they were now looking for a machine to speed up the transplant hair..........then nothing....another "Cure" that simple didn't happen.

Mike

Artista

I live in Liverpool simply because i am looking after my Mum/Dad both in their 80's. When the sad day comes & they are "Gone" I will pack up & move. Liverpool is "Detroit-on-sea".

I been broken into twice, mugged once (although it was 1 on 1 & i beat the guy off) & carjacked once. I have ZERO love for the place & the nice people left years ago.

Mike

Agem,

In terms of treatment. Hang around on the forum and start to understand the process involved with Hair Restoration if this is what you mean by treatments.

In the right hands on the right patient it can be remarkable.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Mike, sorry to hear about that. McCartney and Starr should go back there and straighten everybody out.
    Good luck here though, this is the place to be at.

Am sorry Artista
    But the 1st thing anyone does when they make it in Liverpool is LEAVE.

SPex
    Thanks for the advice, thats my plan....but from what little i read/seen you need VERY talented people & it looks like there are none in the UK. Sure if you want a bit of "Fluff" stuck to your forhead, fine.......

Mike

Take your time and with research it will all become a lot clearer
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.