+ Reply to Thread

Default finasteride shed at 3 months, good or bad sign?

when i first started my shedding stopped that same week, now at the roughly three month mark i am having shedding and my hair is suddenly looking much worse with a lot more diffuse thinning. nothing crazy in the shower, maybe 25 or so hairs up from 5-10 where it has been the past couple months, but its starting to look a lot worse and now i have noticed the beginnings of a bald spot on the top of my head. ive also developed a thinness all the way up from the temples. ive noticed almost all of my fine hairs that were starting to grow in have fallen out as well.

its very stressfull as i cant cover up my hairloss really anymore..

so what do you guys think, am i making my situation worse?

You have to ride it out.

Shedding could definitly be a good sign in many cases, as the old hair is being shedded to make room for newer, denser hair.

It can take time however, as in up to and sometimes a little more than a year.

Yep... Agree with the above... Ride it out atleast another 3 or 4 months. The shedding could be a sign the meds are working - out w the old in w the new.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    You have to ride it out.

Shedding could definitly be a good sign in many cases, as the old hair is being shedded to make room for newer, denser hair.

It can take time however, as in up to and sometimes a little more than a year.
    i definately will keep at it at this point. on a side note ive noticed that the shedding hairs seem to have switched to a lot of hairs in the less than one inch area of length. im not sure if this might mean that my miniturized hairs are falling out to make room for fatter hair. ive also noticed a slight pain to the touch on the crown and there was some at the temples but that went away, possibly because i massaged some olive oil in for a couple days and put some retin-a on the area.

really debating about adding rogaine but i think ill hold out for a couple months to see how it goes..

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    i definately will keep at it at this point. on a side note ive noticed that the shedding hairs seem to have switched to a lot of hairs in the less than one inch area of length. im not sure if this might mean that my miniturized hairs are falling out to make room for fatter hair. ive also noticed a slight pain to the touch on the crown and there was some at the temples but that went away, possibly because i massaged some olive oil in for a couple days and put some retin-a on the area.

really debating about adding rogaine but i think ill hold out for a couple months to see how it goes..
    Many people go through what you go through so its not uncommon dont worry.

For example Im on my 6th month of fin, no noticeable gain, I've been shedding on and off but no noticeable loss, kind of in limbo. But I'm just riding it out hoping it does somethin good!

I personally use rogaine as well, I'd reccomend it for sure, it's a booster and may help to further grow hair.