+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benzzro View Post
    I'm 19 and thinning hard, was obsessed when I first found at now, now accepted it and really don't give a shit. I don't know how it is in other countries but here in Australia a ****load of people just shave there head in there teens so it's much easier to accept hairloss.

As mean as it sounds I got over my hair loss from seeing many posts from HL forums. Seeing 30-40 yr old men cry over hair loss and talks of suicide really showed me what I REALLY don't wanna be when I'm older, self esteem like that isn't gonna get you anywhere WITH hair or without. No point crying over things you can't change and try own it as hard as possible
    This guy has got it right.

Although it may not get easier with age, you may become more accepting of it.

Probably because it's more acceptable socially.

Any 18 year old with noticeable baldness will be mocked by his friends and peers.
    No one that's 40 is going to mock you or give a shit unless they're a developmentally disabled douche bag.

The problem is that its not an 'us vs you' thing.

How did this topic end up being about who should feel sorriest for themselves.

The 40 year olds complaining that they are going bald. How dare they.!!! They are SUPPOSED to go bald, or at least many show noticably balding by then.

The 20 year olds have the market cornered on feeling sorry for themselves. And nobody is going to tread on this turf. How dare anyone else try to feel sorry for their baldness.

Dont they know its all about 20 year olds? Not about the individual losing their hair?

Unless you are 20 , dont be whining to us!!! You want something to cry about? Try being 20 and go bald. Now quit your bitching old man. Yer supposed to be bald.

This case actually went before supreme court . Here is the actual findings:

www.dumbshit.com

The judge ruled that only 20 year olds are allowed to feel bad for being bald and they have the right to scold anyone else who dares feel sorry themselves outside this age range.

The judge also ordered 40 year olds to duly admit on demand they had their chance to 'score chicks' with most of their hair and they must also sit quietly and shut up.

Now you have been told. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    You're misinterpreting the discussion. It has nothing to do with self-pity and age. We should aim to live our lives without self-pity, striving for confidence and a sense if self-worth. This, by now, should be obvious.

The point being made is that younger sufferers are more likely to be viewed in a negative manner (by their peers) and be ostracized (by their peers), when compared to older sufferers.

This is necessarily true, there is no debating it. It has to do with societal notions of health and well-being.

You are right, no one should tell someone else how they should feel about mpb. The problem for me is that often my sensible side is overridden my emotional side. For many years all I had was mild recession and eventually I got to the point that I never worried about it anymore. It was only when I was 30 something -pushing 40 and it suddenly started up again, only this time in the back. That is when it started to really bother me as I knew my grandmother was right..that I got it from that side of the family and knew what I was in for. But tracy said something the other day that hit home for me....that is is pretty much normal for my age. My sensible side knows that ...just got to convince the other side of that.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    The problem is that its not an 'us vs you' thing.

How did this topic end up being about who should feel sorriest for themselves.

The 40 year olds complaining that they are going bald. How dare they.!!! They are SUPPOSED to go bald, or at least many show noticably balding by then.

The 20 year olds have the market cornered on feeling sorry for themselves. And nobody is going to tread on this turf. How dare anyone else try to feel sorry for their baldness.

Dont they know its all about 20 year olds? Not about the individual losing their hair?

Unless you are 20 , dont be whining to us!!! You want something to cry about? Try being 20 and go bald. Now quit your bitching old man. Yer supposed to be bald.

This case actually went before supreme court . Here is the actual findings:

www.dumbshit.com

The judge ruled that only 20 year olds are allowed to feel bad for being bald and they have the right to scold anyone else who dares feel sorry themselves outside this age range.

The judge also ordered 40 year olds to duly admit on demand they had their chance to 'score chicks' with most of their hair and they must also sit quietly and shut up.

To wrap up I would like to say that hair loss is no less damaging to the confidence of older people than it is to younger people. I still find myself shunning certain social situations due to my complex about hair loss. I am still single and have the same fears about attracting potential partners as I read from younger members of the forum. Reaching 30 years of age is not a magic fix to this.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The way I feel about hair loss is no different than many people, regardless of their age. If I choose to stop hair loss I will take the appropriate medications to achieve this goal.

If I want more hair I will receive a transplant to achieve my desired look.

I have done all of the above and feel great about my choice, I could care less what society may think.