+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Okay. So maybe you also had a "seasonal" shed. And the other posters point regarding a tolerance to DHT. Hmm, didnt think about that, I'll discuss it with my doctor.

Ill wait 3 more months and post more pics and compare.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by djsquared View Post
    Okay. So maybe you also had a "seasonal" shed. And the other posters point regarding a tolerance to DHT. Hmm, didnt think about that, I'll discuss it with my doctor.

Thanks.
    It does happen, finasteride stopped working for me after I took it for 6 years and I put that down to either my body having built a tolerance over time, or my hair becoming more sensitive to dht that finasteride was no longer strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by djsquared View Post

Thanks.

It doesn't cost much just to wait it out and see..

As far as tolerance goes, I have seen some of the hair docs say it's not that the medicine stops working, it's just that the mpb process gets stronger and stronger with age. So even if it can no longer halt your mpb, it can still slow it down much more than without doing nothing.

I am losing ground but still have way-way more hair than relatives with the same initial pattern as me but never tried any meds.

When I first got gripped by my hairloss, I blamed it on seasonal hairloss. I thought it had to be that since I was 24 with a maternal grandfather with a full set of hair - oh, how naive I was. That was 6 months ago, and I will admit the thinning has stopped along with some new hairs at the hairline (where it's easiest to see them coming in.) But, there's just no way I'd be having seasonal hair loss for 6 months straight. It's just so hard to accept it when your hair is thick and dark like one side of your family, but you somehow get the balding gene from the side that is thin and blonde. Like a swift kick to the balls of my ego.

TL;DR: Seasonal hair loss is typically a scapegoat for men who don't want to believe MPB is hitting them.

Been a while but I'm back now 33. At some point between this post and 30 I went back to 1.25mgs dosage. I noticed a very slow mpb but it was not a seasonal shed. I definitely lost more. I now get my hair cut shorter. But last month I stopped taking finesterida altogether. The sides caught up to me. Couldn't get an erection and realized morning wood wasn't coming. Talked to the dr, he suggested stopping for a month. Here I am a month later, morning wood back and libido back to where i want it. No more issues. So, I've realized that mpb will catch up rapidly and I'll start buzzing my mane. Finesteride gave me a fighting chance and I would say it extended my loss for a number of years. But time to throw in the towel.

Any update DJ?

No update. Still off fin and still have my hair but it is still thinning but not much more than June. It may even be the same. But that’s it.

Glad to hear it! Congratulations! So what was the fin doing for you then? Sounds like nothing

No. I was on fin maybe from 24-25 until 32/33. I would say it totally slowed the process down. I would suspect I would have been bald NW4-5 by 30 had I not taken it. I think I’m only a NW3v/4 now at 33 as a result. It definitely delayed the natural process.