+ Reply to Thread

Default I’m still skeptical when it comes to PRP

I’ve been reading about PRP with great optimism, but it still seems to good to be true to me. I listened to the Bald Truth last weekend and while I think Dr. Greco sounds like a genuine doctor, I heard a bit of healthy skepticism in Spencer’s tone which says a lot in my book. I think he’s right when he says that there are a lot of unethical doctors who will take the idea and run with it to make a fast buck. I’m very curious to hear from those who have had it performed by Dr. Greco or Dr. Feller. Is there anyone who’s had it done who thinks they see any results yet?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I can understand the skepticism about PRP. That is often the case when something new comes out. In the near future we will start to hear from patients who have had this procedure. As more studies are performed using the PRP more information and data will become available. It appears to be very promising and hopefully will have some real applications in hair restoration. I plan to visit Dr. Greco next week to observe a few PRP cases. I have recently become involved in a adult stem cell retrieval clinic and am very interested to see what similarities there may be between the PRP and stem cells. There will always be many physicians who will only try certain procedures after they have been available and proven for many years. On the other hand, there has to be a few doctors who are willing to experiment and take some calculated risks by trying out new techniques. One should always keep an open mind and not be afraid to make changes if necessary. Many different fields of medicine are evolving rapidly and hair restoration is one of them.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

I had the procedure performed by Doctor Greco on May 15th. No results yet, but I am only 1 month out. I will keep you guys posted.

So any results yet?

Nothing yet. I am only 45 days out though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuse2GoBald View Post
    Nothing yet. I am only 45 days out though. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Could you give us an update on the result of the treatment?

Thanks

Hey guys. I'm over four most post-op and unfortunately I do not believe that the PRP treatment has made a difference. However, I am not losing any hair, so that's good. I felt that Avodart was starting to lose effectiveness around the time of my treatment. No hairloss is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuse2GoBald View Post
    Hey guys. I'm over four most post-op and unfortunately I do not believe that the PRP treatment has made a difference. However, I am not losing any hair, so that's good. I felt that Avodart was starting to lose effectiveness around the time of my treatment. No hairloss is always a good thing.
    Is it possible that PRP might be stabilizing your loss? If that's the case, then I would say that PRP has been a relative success.