+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by jackroylance View Post
    In the UK it seems to take forever to see a dermatologist to get your hair checked for any signs of miniaturization! Until then im trying my best to forget it, got a shorter haircut yesterday and the stylist commented on me having very 'strong' hair whatever that means?!

Its mainly frustrating as nobody in my family has ever really gone through this before! This is a picture of me and my dad a couple of years ago and to my eye he hasnt lost a hair since then! He went grey at an early age but im quite happy to do that if it means keeping the hair he has, although my fear is that at 21, I already have a worse head of hair then him?!
    From what I can see of all your pictures, it looks like your hairline has just matured (which isn't a bad thing). I'd say you should just keep an eye on it for now. Most dudes on this forum would kill or go celibate to have your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jackroylance View Post
    In the UK it seems to take forever to see a dermatologist to get your hair checked for any signs of miniaturization! Until then im trying my best to forget it, got a shorter haircut yesterday and the stylist commented on me having very 'strong' hair whatever that means?!

Its mainly frustrating as nobody in my family has ever really gone through this before! This is a picture of me and my dad a couple of years ago and to my eye he hasnt lost a hair since then! He went grey at an early age but im quite happy to do that if it means keeping the hair he has, although my fear is that at 21, I already have a worse head of hair then him?!
    you might not necessarily get MPB from your father. I know many men whose dads have perfect hair but they are early losers. on the other hand, maternal grand dad may not be an indicator either (since this is a very popular myth). I don't think genetics of MPB has been fully understood. however, usually grey hair looks thicker, so more grey you go your hair would look better and hair loss is less noticeable with white hair because it is closer in color to your scalp.

BigThinker - you've been really great to talk to about all this! Nice having someone whos possibly going through the same thing to talk to about it and you seem to know your stuff (a lot more than me anyway!). Thanks for your comments, I may still go see a derm if I can just to find out more info, couldnt hurt and I think if I knew for certain one way or another it would be easier to accept! Is it normal that as my hair is shorter now, just after iv had a shower and its wet, quite a bit of the scalp is visible under bright lights?

Konfusion - I agree in that MPB isn't fully understood as even on this forum people argue and contradict each other! Iv no problems going grey which i've always been told will happen early to me as long as I still have a thick head of hair, fingers crossed!

compare it with old photos,it doesnt look bad though,maybe it's a mature hairline.Or if it is a mpb it maybe take years to progress ,take a look at your relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    compare it with old photos,it doesnt look bad though,maybe it's a mature hairline.Or if it is a mpb it maybe take years to progress ,take a look at your relatives.
    Not that easy to compare with old photos as I have always had my fringe sort of pushed across so the hairline isn't visible. Also, with relatives its a difficult one as my dad has great hair but his dad died long before I was born and my other grandad has thinning on top now but is over 80 and its only been more recently this has developed. I sometimes feel my hair isn't "as thick" as it used to be but theres no real way I can monitor that you know? Might just have to wait and see.