+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yeah. I spent a good amount of type stressing about my hair and not getting on any treatments besides keto. I really let myself muddle away a handful of months. The more and more I learn to not worry about it and obsess about it, the more I realize I don't even care that much.
    What condition is your hair in now may I ask? With very little family history of balding and judging by some comments on here it may well be I am looking far too much into this as depending on how I see my hair that day I change my mind from 'receding hairline' to 'diffuse thinning'.

I'm normally, believe it or not, quite a chilled out guy but this has caused real stress which I need to get rid of somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackroylance View Post
    What condition is your hair in now may I ask? With very little family history of balding and judging by some comments on here it may well be I am looking far too much into this as depending on how I see my hair that day I change my mind from 'receding hairline' to 'diffuse thinning'.

I'm normally, believe it or not, quite a chilled out guy but this has caused real stress which I need to get rid of somehow.
    I'm a 2.5 with a bit of diffuse thinning. Basically, it just got to the point where I'm ready to commit to fin (which I will be in ~20 days).

I'm convinced stress expedites the balding process. In light of that, I do everything in my power to stay stress free (even as a full-time intern and full-time grad student).

Going to happy hours with chicks from work/school, working out, and
    really keeps the kid feeling chill with it all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	19066  

Here's how I rock my hair. Showin' off my receder.

Name:	snapshot (2).jpg

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	19067  

You know what I have always found so frustrating for me ?

Yourpicture you have receded right down to the skin on both sides ......but the hair in the middle is as thick as the day as you were born. It really doesnt look that bad.

I have never had that experience.

I have KEPT all the hair where you have receded. Basically my entire hairline. Except it keeps thinning, and thinning, and by time I was 35 I needed mouse to make it look thicker , the gel, and now finally toppik.

I guess the grass is always greener, but I would prefer to have just receded on the sided and kept a solid patch in the center like you have.

Youre hair looks good I think! Before I started all this, I would never have even noticed that was receded at all!

To say you're considering taking 'the plunge' and going on fin now, how far would you say my hair is from having to use fin based on these pictures?

*Your

Rookie mistake

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    You know what I have always found so frustrating for me ?

Yourpicture you have receded right down to the skin on both sides ......but the hair in the middle is as thick as the day as you were born. It really doesnt look that bad.

I have never had that experience.

I have KEPT all the hair where you have receded. Basically my entire hairline. Except it keeps thinning, and thinning, and by time I was 35 I needed mouse to make it look thicker , the gel, and now finally toppik.

I guess the grass is always greener, but I would prefer to have just receded on the sided and kept a solid patch in the center like you have.
    Well, thanks man. I've talked to a lot of girls (I wasn't sexually interested in) about hairloss. For the most part, women find a receded hairline attractive. It shows maturity. Plus, I'm 25, so it's like not like I'm robbed of a juvenile hairline or anything.

I genuinely like where my hair is right now. I don't mind that it's receded. And, yes, it is still pretty thick, but only because it was insanely thick before. The thing is, I'm afraid of what will happen if it continues to recede. If I could freeze it here, I would be beyond content.

I have to share this pictures. This is my maternal grandfather at age ~30. Man! This dude has some hair! This is what I used to have, and thought I was destined to retain.

Name:	581126_840503563126_787102267_n.jpg

Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	19071  

Sorry for the double post. Here is me as a 4 year old. My hairline has reverted back 21 years! I had to share this too. I've always had a big forehead - that's why I'm the BigThinker (and I tend to psychoanalyze things).

And to Jack:
    There's no specific time that is right to start fin, for say. It's a matter of the doc feeling comfortable prescribing it and you being comfortable taking it. Know that most people don't grow back hair, just retain what they have. So, keep that in mind, along with that it will take 12-18 months for the full effects (if you get them at all).

Name:	524374_871867394756_674668808_n.jpg

Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	19072  

thanks for the posts.

I wish I had started on fin when I was 25. I think if your side effects are slim, then you will keep that great thatch of hair you got.

Chicks love a little recede on a guy if the middle is still strong .

In the UK it seems to take forever to see a dermatologist to get your hair checked for any signs of miniaturization! Until then im trying my best to forget it, got a shorter haircut yesterday and the stylist commented on me having very 'strong' hair whatever that means?!

Its mainly frustrating as nobody in my family has ever really gone through this before! This is a picture of me and my dad a couple of years ago and to my eye he hasnt lost a hair since then! He went grey at an early age but im quite happy to do that if it means keeping the hair he has, although my fear is that at 21, I already have a worse head of hair then him?!

Name:	dad n jack.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	19078