+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to this

Default New to this

Hello everyone. Im pretty much new to the transplant subject i dont know much about it. Ive been very slowly going bald i used to have a straight hairline and now it vanishing. My hair is also thinning ontop wich you can only really tell when its longer. This started happening about 7 years ago im 27 now and it is only getting worse. Not as bad as many of my friends who have almost no hair ontop though. So what can i do? Where do i start? About how much will this cost me? Lol thank you very much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	18313  

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyme View Post
    So what can i do? Where do i start?
    You start by booking an appointment with a dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss. At this time, you do not need a hair transplant and an ethical doctor will tell you so. You could benefit from medication that can stop the loss and possibly allow some hair to grow back - but you need to talk about that with a real doctor.

I cannot see your vertex in the photo you have provided, but if it is thinning you could also possibly benefit from using Rogaine foam, which does not require a prescription here in the states.

That and switch your shampoo and conditioner for sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and give it reasonable time. About 12 to 18 months before you will know if you are growing any cosmetically significant hair back.

You can find more information here:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Hello everyone. Im pretty much new to the transplant subject i dont know much about it. Ive been very slowly going bald i used to have a straight hairline and now it vanishing. My hair is also thinning ontop wich you can only really tell when its longer. This started happening about 7 years ago im 27 now and it is only getting worse. Not as bad as many of my friends who have almost no hair ontop though. So what can i do? Where do i start? About how much will this cost me? Lol thank you very much
    Hey "onlyme" you look like you are roughly a 2.5 on the Norwood Hammilton Scale of Baldness (see below)

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=htt...g#.UN0yY29g-Ag

At this stage the outlook for treatment is very good as most respond to treatment. The key thing to remember is the Hairloss industry is corrupt and unregulated so do not believe ANY treatment you see online or even in reputable shops as there are only 2 medications FDA approved to treat hairloss, the rest are likely as scientifically legit as those anti-aging creams they advertise to old women on tv.

Finasteride 1mg aka Propecia is a prescription drug (cost about £20-40 a month depending where you get it). This comes in pill form and you take it once a day. Finasteride is widely accepted as the most effective treatment as it targets the cause of hair loss and reduces the hormone DHT and for most people this will halt baldness so long as you keep taking it (dht is the mother****er that killing your follicles). The main draw back is that a small percentage (something like 1-2&#37 reported sexual side affects while using.

Minoxidil aka Rogaine/Regaine is the next weapon of choice, again FDA approved. This drug is applied topically onto the scalp twice a day and works by encouraging blood/nutrients to reach parts of the scalp it wouldnt get to otherwise, supplying the follicles with a better nutrients etc. It works for a lot of people and has little side affects. The main draw backs are that its annoying to apply/keep up and some people claim it irritates the scalp.

nizoral shampoo if used once a week is supposed to reduce dht in the scalp and many people on here use it along with their existing regime.

The best thing to do is go to a good doctor and speak with them about this stuff though, good luck.

As tracy and jman said, propecia and minoxidil are the only fda approved to treat hairloss.
    see a doctor and it is likely that he/she will prescribe propecia for you.
    keep on mind that it is unlikely that you get you hairline back but you can get a hair transplant to restore your hairline, so that is an optional.

Thanks guys i appreciate it. Now i understand tracy said i really dont need hair transplant but like baldy said wouldnt i need it to get my hairline back? I will def get to a doctor soon but either way ill post a picture of my vertex wich i havnt looked at in years. I used to have a head full of hair till i started cutting it real low myself in the bathroom.

...but like baldy said wouldnt i need it to get my hairline back?
    It is not normal for a fully matured adult male to have an adolescent hair line. It looks feminine on a guy. At this stage, you are catching it pretty early and as a result you may regain some of your lost hair line back. Though you are not likely to regain your original hair line from your childhood. Again, that would not be normal for a fully matured adult male. Give the medications time to work and see how it looks. You may fine that that is all you really needed.

I agree 100% with what Tracy said; at this point you don't need a HT.

Thanks guys heres a pic of the top and back

Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	18350  

And another

Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	18351  

Your density looks pretty uniform - and that's a good thing. You should be fine if you decide to treat it.