+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What would you like to see from future HST patients?

More and more forum posters are getting the HST procedure. Rather then cluttering up existing threads, I thought it would be good to start a thread where people can discuss exactly what they'd like to see from future patients.

Please try to be as detailed as possible. Any helpful suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Here is what exactly what I want to see: We haven't gotten this from ONE forum member besides GC and (it wasn't so relevant because he didn't have hairline work and he did HSI not HST)

1) A before picture of the recipient

2) An after picture of the recipient, INCLUDING HAIRLINE, of good solid growth that looks aesthetically natural

We haven't gotten this from ONE MEMBER?! Yes, Scissor Boy looks great as does Wesley Schneider, but how bout CannonBall, Damielmillo, NeversayNever, NeedHairASAP, all you guys, how bout one shot of a grown out recipient, please!!!! Donor regrowth is cool, but when I'm on a date or at a bar, a girl is not staring at my donor....
    Now that the months have gone by and the results should be taking shape, I would also love to see an update from those posters.

I'll make a few requests after doing Iron_Man's analysis. For future patients who want to have their donor regrowth examined and get as realistic a regrowth figure as possible, I'd encourage you to do a few things:

1. First and foremost, the pictures have to be clear and zoomed in enough that the hairs can be individually counted. If you can't count the hairs easily, than others probably won't be able to either. Practice before the procedure and try to get pictures like 534623/Iron_Man (example) and gc83uk did. There's a lot of good advice for that if you have the patience to search through this forum.

2. Shave the donor area 2-3 weeks after the procedure. If you let your hair grow more than a week, it can become a mess. The hairs will get in the way and it will be very hard to count. For example, compare how much harder it is to analyze gc83uk's day 10 picture than his shaved, day 13 picture:

3. Draw some reference points with a non-permanent marker/pen. When the donor area heals up, which can happen in as little as 5 days, it is very hard to determine where everything is. A few reference points can help greatly with that.

Most importantly, in my opinion:

4. Take a clear, zoomed-in picture of the shaved, donor area before the procedure. Up to this point, nobody has done such a thing. This would completely settle the issue of graft splitting. For example, with these pictures you could see exactly which grafts HASCI extracts (1, 2 or 3-hair follicular units) and then see exactly how these follicles regenerate in the weeks after the procedure, i.e., if they extract a 3-hair unit, does it eventually regenerate as a 3-hair, 2-hair, or 1-hair unit. If anyone wants to add something new to the growing collection of documentation, this one is huge in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Now that the months have gone by and the results should be taking shape, I would also love to see an update from those posters.
    Ive had very very slow growth in recepient. Very average yield of about 60% and hairs are still thin, donor looks completely clean, definate regrowth even in areas where they extracted in large clusters.

I had 1200 grafts, difficult case for them on the day.

At the time of my HST there was a heatwave in London and my apartment was like an oven, wondering if that effected my result. But i can say things are improving slowly.

Although the donor pictures seem superb, lack of scarring etc, I am yet to be convinced by the recipient areas. Has Gho done the procedure on someone and given them a thick, full hairline? I only seem to see pictures of guys who have their hair shaved where it doesn't appear that thick.

Wesley Sneijder's result is good but still a bit thin IMO

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post

Ive had very very slow growth in recepient. Very average yield of about 60% and hairs are still thin...
    This is what you wrote 1 month ago ...
    Receipient, there is growth. Good growth, i couldnt give you a % figure. I dont want to post my pictures for a very good reason.
    So how about the "good growth" story? Maybe the hair growth slowed down now 1 month later - who knows ...

Default talked to your Dr?

NeverSayNever,

Did you talk to your Dr. about the slow growth and thin hairs? Is this normal after 7 months? Do HST grafts take longer to grow in thicker? A little disappointing to hear this, hopefully the growth accelerates over the next few months.

Neversaynever do you have any pics?

If not what is your guesstimation on % donor regeneration?

In future, I'd like to see less thread-clogging infighting between HST patients....

get hasci to provide patients with full graft breakdown;1s,2s n 3s
    pay more attention to RECEPIENT area, we have seen lot of good photos of donor regrowth but not many recipient photos, ...it should be focus in 2013

Starting with GC in JAnuary