+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    This is what you wrote 1 month ago ...

So how about the "good growth" story? Maybe the hair growth slowed down now 1 month later - who knows ...
    I thought in the last month it would improve, but hasnt very much. Im not disapointed with my hst.

Havent spoken to gho about it, yet.

Donor is pristine, i cut my hair grade 0 short, cant see any sign of hst with the naked eye. I looked closely to one area which they harvested alot of grafts in tight groups. above 70% regeneration in that area. No visible scars.

One thing, and i dont want to start a fight or massive heated debate (which is why i try avoid hst threads). Pre existing vellus hairs have thickened. Not quite terminal, but just improved in the frontal third of my scalp. Im not sure if thats because of hst? Either way, I like it and because of the change I started using meds to keep it this way.

Sorry no pics.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    I thought in the last month it would improve, but hasnt very much. Im not disapointed with my hst.

Havent spoken to gho about it, yet.
    If I recall remember correctly, you had your procedure on May 21, 2012 - right?
    So you have just passed the 7th month. You have to wait at least (minimum) 9 month until you can make (pre-)conclusions about the outcome.
    This is the part from Dr. Gho's paper, HST patients have to understand - and this is not new:
    In traditional hair transplantation, the majority of implanted hairs would fall out quickly after implantation and re-growth would occur within 3–6 months.
    In our study, re-growth started 5–8 months after implantation, but could sometimes take more than 12 months. This phenomenon was revealed in other hair transplantation studies with dissected hair follicles (15).
    Patience is a virtue - he he, damn "doldrums".

By the way, after my implantation part, they always show the patient with a mirror their implantation work like hairdressers after getting your haircut. Anyway, I mentioned in this moment "I hope that they all will grow..." - one of the technicians punished me immediately hefty with a loud "THEY WILL GROW!!"

If I recall remember correctly, you had your procedure on May 21, 2012 - right?
    So you have just passed the 7th month. You have to wait at least (minimum) 9 month until you can make (pre-)conclusions about the outcome.
    This is the part from Dr. Gho's paper, HST patients have to understand - and this is not new:

Patience is a virtue - he he, damn "doldrums".

I'm a big fan of football/soccer so I remember following Wesley Sneijder before I ever heard of HST/Gho. Having hair loss, I always notice other people's hair now, especially athletes, celebrities Anyway, after a short winter break, I remember him coming back with sudden hair growth which surprised me. After reading into it, I learned that he had his procedure in December of that year and the result looked practically perfect after only a month, which I had never seen before with any traditional hair transplant. Unlike Wayne Rooney, I'm nearly certain he didn't use any concealer either. I think gc83uk and a few other HST patients also said they managed to hold onto their transplanted hair after their procedures.

For me, it's interesting how you can have those two extremes. One group who hold onto their transplanted hairs and see their finished results quickly and others who have slower results than traditional transplants. Is there anything you can attribute to this or do to increase your chances of seeing early results or is it just luck?

Also, neversaynever, please continue to keep us updated, for good or bad. Every result is worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    For me, it's interesting how you can have those two extremes. One group who hold onto their transplanted hairs and see their finished results quickly and others who have slower results than traditional transplants. Is there anything you can attribute to this or do to increase your chances of seeing early results or is it just luck?
    I think this is rather "luck". You WILL see -on average- 2 different scenarios during the the first 8 weeks after the procedure:

Some implanted grafts/follicles will "take" already (pic 1), but the majority of the implanted grafts will shed up to 8 weeks after the procedure (pic 2).

I got an information email today – here is a snippet:
    “Meanwhile you have washed your hair with shampoo and most of the crusts are gone. Probably you have noticed that you have lost some short transplanted hairs. This can happen up to 8 weeks after the treatment but it has no consequences for the final result, because the hairstemcells are firmly attached to the skin.”
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Day-14a.jpg

Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	18369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day-14-b.jpg

Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	18370  

Sneijder's result does look good, but are there any pictures of thicker recipient areas that don't need to be shaved down?

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Sneijder's result does look good, but are there any pictures of thicker recipient areas that don't need to be shaved down?
    Not for spurs fans. Sniejder uses concealer btw. Not all the time. He used it quite heavily during the euro's

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Not for spurs fans. Sniejder uses concealer btw. Not all the time. He used it quite heavily during the euro's
    right - and I use toilet paper when I go to the toilet. But sometimes I also use a newspaper if I don't have a toilet paper anymore.

right - and I use toilet paper when I go to the toilet. But sometimes I also use a newspaper if I don't have a toilet paper anymore.
    It really doesn't serve any purpose making such comments in defense of HST. Why do you take it so personally?

Sniejder had lost alot of his hair at the front, vertex and crown. He had 1600 grafts. 1600 grafts wont cure him, so he used concealar at times to cover the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    When you get, for instance, 35 grafts/FU's into a 1 cm² area, and all these 35 grafts/FU's grow after 9-12 month - how many grafts are there in this 1 cm² area?

And if you have thinner hairs in general than other people, which hair growth type will appear "thicker and densier" with the same amount of grafts per square centimeter? The thinner hair type or the coarser hair type?

Just in case you guys missed this case - Tobban from Sweden (25):

BEFORE
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8395/img2359g.jpg

1 month AFTER - right temple area side
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9868/img4314ky.jpg

1 month AFTER - left temple area side
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7437/img4316ex.jpg

In around 9-12 month, you WILL see a superb result - and absolutely natural. Especially, if there is no further progressing hair loss ...

btw - the implanted hairs in the pics which you still can see, they can still shed!