+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    I don't think so, they will never stop the original Spectral DNC because its a minoxidil product. It will be just an addition to the collection along with DNC-N (Nanoxidil). This is it
    Thank you for your interest in DS Laboratories' products.

Wrong Yes, Spectral DNC has been discontinued - you can check with salons in your area as they may still have a few bottles in stock.

We will soon be releasing a new hair growth product, Spectral DNC-S. Perhaps this product will work well for you?

Please let us know if there is anything else we may help with. I Started there nanoxidil not sure if it was doing anything so I stopped

Default This is email they sent me

Yes, all our products are extensively researched before release; additionally, we've had great feedback on DNC-N in the last year. I've included below the conclusion to our efficacy studies for Spectral DNC-N:

10. CONCLUSION

According to the methodology used to evaluate SPECTRAL.DNC-N, ordered by DS LABORATORIES, one may conclude that:

Subject's Evaluation of Perceived Efficacy

After 56 +/- 2 (T56) days of product use, the following results were obtained:
    • 95.0% of subjects noticed less hair loss;
    • 90.0% of subjects noticed increased hair strength;
    • 75.0% of subjects noticed increased hair growth;
    • 85.0% of subjects fully agreed or agreed with the statement “Using the product led to less hair loss”;
    • 70.0% of subjects fully agreed or agreed with the statement “Using the product left my hair stronger”;

The full ingredient list for Spectral DNC-N is below:

Spectral DNC-N
    Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Panax Ginseng, Root Extract, Nanoxidil (5%), Adenosine, Butylene Glycol, Aminexil, Arginine, Phospholipids (Nanosomes), Acetyl Tyrosine, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Arctium Majus Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Procyanidin B2, Polyquaternium-11, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Peg 12 Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Apigenin, Ethanol, Isolaureth-6, Zinc Gluconate, Taurine, Prezatide, Copper Acetate (Copper Peptide), Niacinamide, Oleanolic Acid, Ornithine Hcl, Citrulline, Retinol, Glucosamine Hcl, Propylene Glycol, Peg-8 Dimethicone, T-Flavanone, Biotinoyl Tripeptide, Biotin, Dimethiconol, Silicone Quaternium-2 Panthenol
    Succinatecone Quaternium-2 Panthenol Succinate

I'm not sure when before/after photos will be added to our website.

Looks like an interesting study, but I'm not really moved by DNC-N, Nanoxidil is only a substitute of Minoxidil but if you ask DS labs about it, they will tell you than Minoxidil is superior and that this product is only formulated for people who suffer sides from DNC (Minoxidil).

However I have high hopes on DNC-S which cames as 2 solutions in 1 pack as it contains Ion channels multiple ingredients open ion channels within scalp cells to enable the flow of proteins and enzymes for superior results and contains Dihydrotestosterone key ingredients control DHT production to help keep follicles healthy and normal.

I was trying to search for these Dihydrotestosterone key ingredients but couldnt spot them. Can you guys have a look and find some?

INGREDIENTS SOLUTION 1:

DEIONIZED WATER, PALMITOYL PINE BARK EXTRACT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ADENOSINE, BIOFLAVONOID COMPLEX (PINE BARK EXTRACT, SERENOA SERRULATA EXTRACT, CAMELIA SINENSIS EXTRACT, ZEA MAYS (CORN) GLUTEN PROTEIN, SALIX ALBA BARK EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, CAPSICUM, THYMUS VULGARIS (THYM) EXTRACT, GINSENG EXTRACT), PYRROLIDINYL DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE OXIDE, DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE OXIDE, ACETYLSALICYLIC ACID, ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL MANGANESE CHLORIDE (EUK-134), RETINOL, MALUS DOMESTICA FRUIT CELL CULTURE EXTRACT (STEM CELLS), AZELAIC ACID, CALCIUM PANTHOTHENATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, PHOSPHOLIPIDS (NANOSOMES), BIOTINOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1, MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17, OCTAPEPTIDE-2, ARGAN OIL, PREZATIDE COPPER ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBIC ACID

INGREDIENTS SOLUTION 2:

DEIONIZED WATER, GLYCERIN, ARGININE, ACETYL TYROSINE, GLYCINE, ARCTIUM MAJUS ROOT EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM 11, POLYSILOXANE, POLYALKYLENE, COPOLYMER, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, NIACINAMIDE, ORNITHINE HYDROCHLORIDE, PROCYANIDIN B-2, CITRULLINE, GLUCOSAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE, BIOTIN, LYSINE, HISTIDINE, ASPARTIC ACID, THREONINE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, PROLINE, ALANINE, VALINE, METHIONINE, ISOLEUCINE, LEUCINE, GLUCOSE, TYROSINE, HENYLALANINE, CYSTEINE, ARCTIUM MAJUS ROOT EXTRACT, DEXTRAN, TRIPEPTIDE-1, DIMETHYLSULFONE, PHENOLSULFONEPHTHALEIN, PHENOYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    However I have high hopes on DNC-S which cames as 2 solutions in 1 pack as it contains Ion channels multiple ingredients open ion channels within scalp cells to enable the flow of proteins and enzymes for superior results and contains Dihydrotestosterone key ingredients control DHT production to help keep follicles healthy and normal.

I was trying to search for these Dihydrotestosterone key ingredients but couldnt spot them. Can you guys have a look and find some?
    Someone asked on another forum about the ingredients since he didn't recognize any so I broke a few down.

Adenosine: It has been shown that, in Japanese men, adenosine improves androgenetic alopecia due to the thickening of thin hair due to hair follicle miniaturization (pubmed)
    HAIR GROWTH EFFECTS OF ADENOSINE: http://www.folikul.com/Adenosine.pdf

Malus domestica: Stimulate healthy cell renewal, Protect longevity of skin stem cells, Delay senescence of essential cells, Slow chronological aging of skin

Palmitoyl pine bark extract inhibits 5x-reductase and block DHT (taken from vendor)

Peptide complexes, which are tailored strings of amino acids, stimulate growth, keratin production, and shaft diameter, and add antiaging and anti-inflammatory properties (taken from vendor)

Azelaic acid inhibits DHT (taken from vendor) -- you usually find this in combination with Minox

Retinol significantly improves scalp skin condition and promotes hair growth (pubmed) also can be used with minox

L-arginine is a source for nitric oxide synthesis / a vasodilator

Lysine: Studies involving the adminstration of L-Lysine to those with hair loss showed a remarkable increase in scalp hair growth. L-lysine, together with arginine, has been documented to normalize hormonal stress responses in humans with high trait anxiety. An interesting thing about the combination of Lysine and Arginine is that it's been documented that it increases growth hormone release by a factor of 10 over arginine alone. It is possible that Lysine's ability to increase HGH may at least partially explain its positive effects on hair.

There's a lot more ingredients and you can research them yourself. I just picked a small # of well known ingredients + malus domestica which has been discussed before with the more common name apple stem cells. A lot of the ingredients compliment each other or are known to work synergistically, there is a strong possibility these ingredients should produce benefits if the delivery works. Or it could be a total flop (like any product). Since it just came out there's no feedback yet.

I was thinking of ordering the new DNC-S since it does look like a strong offering on paper and they do a good job to sell it, it is supposedly their most aggressive product for hair loss. I was thinking of using it in conjunction with generic minoxidil.

I'm hesitant to pick the product up now because it just came out (so no reviews exist) and instead am thinking of trying out Lipogaine since it's got a great deal of positive feedback -- and it at least should work better than regular minoxidil (liposome delivery + has other beneficial ingredients).

DS Labs has a great # of good reviews as well as negative, something about inconsistent batches so it seems that quality control has been an ongoing issue for this company. I've never used their products before.

Hopefully some people will be on board to try this product out. I haven't decided yet if I want to be one of the first testers.

As of Dec. 2012 DS Labs is traded on NASDAQ. Don't they have to make investors happy now / see increased sales / improve QC?

Default Lipogaine

I had a bit of a reaction to lipogaine I bought it my first application could taste a metallic taste in my mouth looked up sides of minoxidil it was one of them, so I'm hesitant to touch it again

I might defn try this since its w/o minox, i cant tolerate minox at all

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    I had a bit of a reaction to lipogaine I bought it my first application could taste a metallic taste in my mouth looked up sides of minoxidil it was one of them, so I'm hesitant to touch it again
    I imagine that'd freak me out if it happened, never knew about this side effect of minoxidil. Lipogaine is probably the best minoxidil offering out due to the ingredient profile / feedback on effectiveness since it's been on market for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    I might defn try this since its w/o minox, i cant tolerate minox at all
    Your other option that's popular now would be Capillogain, I personally go with treatments that have been on market longer since there's a higher chance they'll still be around a year from now (unless the ingredient profile was out of this world which hasn't happened yet).

If you do go on DNC-S please update with your experiences in this thread. I have no experience with DS products but I at least know they have the capital to do R&D and have been around a long time so it'd be great if the product delivered.

Only one review so far that I can find, close to 2 months of usage and he only said hair is thicker. At least the hair got thicker so that's positive but a bit underwhelming given how this product is supposed to be the next big thing from DS Labs. Anyone else try it yet or going to?

I had good experience with this one of theirs https://www.amazon.com/DS-Laboratori...spectral+dnc-s