+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Nizoral seems gone from the market at least temporarily

Apparently most distributors I have gone to across numerous pharmacies and supermarkets have stopped carrying Nizoral citing a manufacturer issue to be resolved by summer of 2013 ? Really ? Wow this is a blow to all of us using this as one of the big 3 to treat our MPB. Bad enough there is a gap where I have to wait for my refill of fin after ordering in nearly 10 days ago and it could come anywhere between 7 and 21 days max but this is now leaving me little option but Regenepure until Nizoral gets back on the wagon to be sold to most everyone.. but this is not the best news.

I noticed that here too (in Australia). I noticed that the stuff on the shelves is gone in every pharmacy I looked at.

Eventually managed to find somewhere that had a little bottle of 2% so I'm using that. I was using 1% before but assuming production starts up I might stick with 2% now.

Thanks for the info. I figured it was a manufacturing issue but summer 2013 (I assume you're talking northern hemisphere summer) is a looooong time away. My little bottle won't last out six months...

Revita has keto in it, anyone tried it?

There have been some J&J reps that have made some comments WRT to not having any motivation to reintroduce this product. I hope this isn't the case.

I guess this raises the question of where websites like drugstore.com are receiving their supply from if J&J are not producing??

They're selling the 4oz bottles of 1% for $10. There are sellers on amazon an Ebay selling these same bottles for anywhere from (US) $20 - 160.00.

There is NO shortage, whatsoever, for 2% generic ketoconazle shampoo. This whole situation is rather illogical.

Yes to clarify you can still get the 2 % by prescription just not the 1 % that you were able to get over the counter.. sounds suspiciously like a move by the power that be to keep things a little more out of reach and a tad more expensive and perhaps something co-paid by insurance perhaps realizing that keto has the DHT inhibiting properties and it is not just a dandruff shampoo they have decided to cash in more on the product to limit the supply but keep the supply flowing but through one way only.

I do not subscribe to the conspiracy theories. The company that makes Nizoral A-D shut down one of their plants that makes it over a year ago due to the recession. Since shutting down that plant, this is the second time Nizoral A-D has outsold their ability to produce it. I would not be surprised if retailers are dropping it simply because the manufacturer cannot meet their delivery quota.

As a result of that first shortage, I got into the habit of stocking up on it whenever I found it on the shelf. So I have a reasonably good supply that should last for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I would not be surprised if retailers are dropping it simply because the manufacturer cannot meet their delivery quota.
    Yeah, that's what I think too. And that would also explain why some sites like drugstore.com still carry it - they simply buy bulk and have had enough stock to carry them through. At least for a while.

I hope they start to stock it again soon. I'll run out if it goes on much longer.

Try Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Try Amazon.
    When Amazon sellers have it, they grossly over charge for it. One would be just as well off paying the high price for Regenepure rather than over paying for Nizoral A-D. Or they could just get a script for 2% Nizoral, which would probably cost less as well.