Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ibrium
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Pate
    I noticed that here too (in Australia). I noticed that the stuff on the shelves is gone in every pharmacy I looked at.

Eventually managed to find somewhere that had a little bottle of 2% so I'm using that. I was using 1% before but assuming production starts up I might stick with 2% now.
    In Australia, some places have a shampoo called Sebizole. It's a 2% ketoconazole shampoo that's almost exactly the same as Nizoral, but cheaper.

You can also find online stores selling 1% keto shampoos with other anti-hair loss ingredients in them, like Revita.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
      If the 2% rx stuff starts running dry I will blow my top. I have used this stuff for 3 years
      As far as I know, the supply issue is only with the 1% "Nizoral A-D" version, which is the one I use. I have not heard anything about a shortage of the 2% version. I don't think the 2% version is produced in the same facility as the 1% version.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Ibrium
        You can also find online stores selling 1% keto shampoos with other anti-hair loss ingredients in them.
        The efficacy of the "other anti-hair loss" ingredients in those shampoos is questionable at best. Are we sure those other shampoos really have 1% Ketoconazole in them?

If the 1% version falls off the market, just get a script for the 2% and use it less often. You should only be using Ketoconazole shampoo once a week anyways.

Comment

• Ibrium
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
          The efficacy of the "other anti-hair loss" ingredients in those shampoos is questionable at best. Are we sure those other shampoos really have 1% Ketoconazole in them?
          Quite a few of those ingredients have actual evidence behind them. Even if some of them are questionable, the sum of all of them are likely to be having some benefit. And even if that's not guaranteed, I'd still rather have them than not have them. I mean, the alternative to those parts of Revita or Regenepure is nothing, just a plain ketoconazole shampoo.

I don't see any particular reason to doubt that they really contain ketoconazole (or they could get in pretty severe legal trouble), and I'm fairly sure the manufacturers have said it's 1%.

Comment

• JDuff
            • Dec 2012

FWIW - My Nizoral 1% ordered from Walgreens.com was made in Belgium.

So, it's not old stock, but not available in the US in significant quantity, either.

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

Quite a few of those ingredients have actual evidence behind them.
              It not good quality evidence.

I mean, the alternative to those parts of Revita or Regenepure is nothing, just a plain ketoconazole shampoo.
              Though Regenepure or Revita are better than no Ketoconazole shampoo at all, there is no good quality evidence that suggests they are any better than Nizoral. However, if Nizoral were not available, I would use Regenpure myself.

I don't see any particular reason to doubt that they really contain ketoconazole (or they could get in pretty severe legal trouble), and I'm fairly sure the manufacturers have said it's 1%.
              Unless the manufacturer states on the bottle, as they are required to do so in the U.S., you cannot be "fairly sure" they have 1% Ketoconazole in them. All you are basing this on is the say so of an obvious lunatic who happens to be a member of this forum. The manufacturers have never publicly declared how much Ketoconazole is them. It would be in their best interest to do so - unless they are trying to avoid a law suite.

Comment

Working...