+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why can't they just trasplant in between your exisiting hair?

My problem is I am not a diffuse thinner but my hair has generally lost a lot of its density on the top. Why can't they just transplant hair to all the areas in between? To thicken up the existing hair and then when that hair does fall out there will hair there resistant to DHT.

I am an NW3 I can't stand the thought of losing anymore hair
    I don't want to wait until I am fully bald to get a HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    My problem is I am not a diffuse thinner but my hair has generally lost a lot of its density on the top. Why can't they just transplant hair to all the areas in between? To thicken up the existing hair and then when that hair does fall out there will hair there resistant to DHT.

Same issue with me - I have a receding hairline and am having a HT next year...but I am not willing to take any DHT suppressing meds so my hairline will continue to recede and I will have a gap behind the new hairline.

However if I had some grafts thrown behind the hairline, then at least I would have something which I could thicken up with toppik when it inevitably thins out. If the surgeon is only willing to transplant up to my native hairline, then I will prob ask for my money back

Did a bit of snooping and it seems the issue is related to shock loss/possible damage to the existing follicles due to the trauma. So u may get DHT resistant hairs but it could cause the surrounding hairs to fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post

Breaking,

They do transplant between existing, I didn't loose any existing I'm aware of, I have diffuse thinning, when I had my transplant that was the whole reason for it...to fill in my scalp, which is what they did, I'm about five months post-op, my hair is coming in nicely everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Breaking,

They do transplant between existing, I didn't loose any existing I'm aware of, I have diffuse thinning, when I had my transplant that was the whole reason for it...to fill in my scalp, which is what they did, I'm about five months post-op, my hair is coming in nicely everywhere.
    And with Propecia and Minoxidil, I have stopped losing more hair.

Breaking,

I'm at home today, I have some crappy pictures on my desktop, but here is my hair in July and also last month. I'll start my own thread regarding my progress when I'm at my office tomorrow, but filling in the thin area was my mission.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ps7f60d4fc.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...psf9ae6ee9.jpg

just decided today that im undertaking surgery in the next 18 months. im a norwood 2.5 but accepted il always be combing my hairline over so i have enough of that.i also think il be on propecia now and after the surgery, so to be honest i dont really want to come off propecia now and see which hairs are resistant. if we do that then surely your gambling that you might need a massive HT and of course looking really bald for a while. il stay the course on propecia, get the HT to restore my hairline and then i dont think il risk another time of baldness and another HT to be free of finasteride but i see your point and its very valid.

Breaking,

Ah ok so this is not an issue then? Most of the hairline post op pics I have seen consist of transplanted hairs up to the existing hairline. Nothing in behind it. I assume these guys have been told to go on Fin so perhaps filling in the gap behind, in anticipation for more regression, is not necessary.

It will be for me tho, I hope the doc can do this. Even light coverage behind the hairline would do for me as I am only a NW 2.5 after 10 years of recession, so Im lucky in that regard.

Breaking,

I'm at home today, I have some crappy pictures on my desktop, but here is my hair in July and also last month. I'll start my own thread regarding my progress when I'm at my office tomorrow, but filling in the thin area was my mission.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ps7f60d4fc.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...psf9ae6ee9.jpg
    Nice results, inspects. Pics like the first one always startle me a bit, but the latter one look excellent.

Was the scabbing/dry blood there for a while? Were you able to function out in public without a hat without feeling self-conscious? How long did it take to heal up?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I'm pretty sure all HT doctors do that anyway. Feriduni does.
    Well Im going to him so thats good news. I still have lots of hairs behind the hairline so hopefully he can bulk this up.