+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Need help super badly! Should I go FIN?

I am 33 and suffering from MPB.
    I have receding hairlines and frontal thinning of hair.

I believe this is hereditary as my dad has the same case.
    I am using Min for 4 years already.
    Not sure if it helped....

I noticed extreme thinning now.
    I am really badly worried...
    I can see myself at my Photos and it's damn bad.....

should i give FIN a try?
    what dossage is good for gradual effects?

Try reading this Thread http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9577

Also use the search function on this Forum, there is a wealth of information in hundred if not thousand of thread asking nearly the same question.

Best of luck to you.

Hey norc. If I were you I'd give fin a try. I've been on it in varying dosages (1mg - 5 mg) for 16 years and never experienced any sides. That being said, It doesn't mean you won't. If you read the studies it doesn't seem the rate of sides is significantly greater than placebo groups.
    Also the thing about gradually getting on fin. I don't think the drug manufacturer of most doctors recommend this. It's not like lithium or Zoloft. It blocks the formation of DHT, which I don't think the sudden elimination of ~70% DHT from your body will shock your system or anything.
    Also be aware, in case you're not, that fin doesn't promote hair growth, it simply reduces DHT which is "causes" MPB. Mostly it helps you keep what you have. So noticing results mostly means not seeing further thinning or recession, or dramatically slowing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by frankJ View Post
    Hey norc. If I were you I'd give fin a try. I've been on it in varying dosages (1mg - 5 mg) for 16 years and never experienced any sides. That being said, It doesn't mean you won't. If you read the studies it doesn't seem the rate of sides is significantly greater than placebo groups.
    Also the thing about gradually getting on fin. I don't think the drug manufacturer of most doctors recommend this. It's not like lithium or Zoloft. It blocks the formation of DHT, which I don't think the sudden elimination of ~70% DHT from your body will shock your system or anything.
    Also be aware, in case you're not, that fin doesn't promote hair growth, it simply reduces DHT which is "causes" MPB. Mostly it helps you keep what you have. So noticing results mostly means not seeing further thinning or recession, or dramatically slowing it down.
    thanks frankj...big help..
    i've been reading a lot bout FIN for years...
    but never tried it yet...
    big factor is the horror stories out there....

Based onthe fact that their are two proudcts out there Dutasteride and Finasteride and both are potent DHT blockers that should help you in the war against hair loss. However Finasteride is on the lower scale of potential side effects as opposed to Dutasteride which is supposedly more aggressive in its DHT blocking strategy. You might luck out and be the guy who does not fall in the percentage of erectile dysfunction or having exhbited any sides whatsoever and then again you might.. the chance is basically 50/50. However you can discontinue treatment if you feel you are leaning towards the other camp and hope for the best. But those are the main ones that have been out there way past the experimental stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Based onthe fact that their are two proudcts out there Dutasteride and Finasteride and both are potent DHT blockers that should help you in the war against hair loss. However Finasteride is on the lower scale of potential side effects as opposed to Dutasteride which is supposedly more aggressive in its DHT blocking strategy. You might luck out and be the guy who does not fall in the percentage of erectile dysfunction or having exhbited any sides whatsoever and then again you might.. the chance is basically 50/50. However you can discontinue treatment if you feel you are leaning towards the other camp and hope for the best. But those are the main ones that have been out there way past the experimental stage.
    thanks Chris.
    Yes that could be the best strategy, to discontinue treatment if I feel its not working to me...not to mention to hope the drug didn't damage my system....
    It seems fin is my last hope to keep my hair...

here's a link of my hair's photo when wet.

Do you think i badly needed FIN already?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps6541a724.jpg
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps653f0360.jpg

Should you get on fin?

If you want to, sure. If you don't, then no.

i basically need an opinion if my case badly needs that kind of regimen already.

thanks

I can't view your pictures as I am at work and they have a filter that will block them but let me ask you this.. do you see shiny patches of scalp showing and are the ends of your hair by your hairline shrinking and becoming thin and falling out. Do you have a widow's peak which is where your hairline is essentially shaped like the letter v but not picture the temples and the hairline going back further with time so the V is pronounced. Are you losing hair at the crown of your head and if so is it a dime sized patch of baldness, a quarter sized or more ?If you touch you head today can you feel your scalp as some of your hair might be thin in density and not as thick as it used to be ? If these things are the definitely the case then all signs tend to point to MPB and androgenetic alopecia. The best combatants against it right now are Finasteride, Nizoral shampoo, and Rogaine 5% Minoxidil. Finasteride and Minoxidil in combination not only halt and slow down hair loss but in some cases reverse baldness to varying degrees and add youth to your appearance. Because the DHT is interrupted and blocked the hair that was impacted can now grow normally unimpeded and the affected thin shrunken hairs falls out and shed to be replaced by the normal hair full grown hair that will grow longer and stronger over time and the Minoxidil as a stimulant accelerates that growth.. one working inside your system for 6 hours in a day and the other outside on your scalp for a 12 to 24 hour period.