+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default About to start RU, need directions...

Alright so...

I wanna start RU cuz I trust only that right now, I'm sick of the snake oils, I tried too many of them: Aminexil by kerastase - 300$ in 3 month package, dercos aminexil energy, alpecin, nutrifolica "nature prescription for hair regrowth", spiro that I made myself from actual pills....all of them are like putting air on the head, same result.
    I kinda wanna kill the people behind those products but, you know what, they were smart enough to make me buy their stuff so..touche.

Now that you all know my life story, or at least my scalp story, I need your help
    to understand better about RU58841, from the people who use it for some time and got results. All I need is maintaining, I expect nothing more, I'll get regrowth when the zombies will come.
    Anyway, I have no idea how to make RU and I'm terrified it's too complicated and that one little mistake would ruin everything, but I know there are ppl who live with it for years, so I must know what exactly I need, where to get it from, (does "kane" is the same thing as "the kane shop" website?) and how much of it to combine with the other ingredients (I just heard of KB as an 'all in one')?
    what are the "batches" of kane exactly? is those numbers that every1 write here are dates? it's too confusing but I must get into this to save myself from looking like every male in my familly in 5 years from now.
    I look so different from them right now, and I want it to stay like that as long as possible, the mpb proccess hurts too much from 18 years old combined with military service and forced shaved head...

If u have the time to answer all this, u'll really help me.
    No one can promise me that RU won't be the same as the other stuff I've been using until now,
    but it gives me hope, and that is all I need for now.

oh and...don't mention fin, been there.

Thanks!

First the subject is in the wrong place,
    i want to ask you about the big two!! you ignored them
    minoxidil and propecia are the only FDA approved, so if i were you i will begin with them
    but first i want to ask you what NW are you in now ?

Yea well I wasn't sure where is the right place to post it.

Anyway about the "crappy two" if you read my post, you would see that I wrote there "oh and...don't mention fin, been there." and that's because...i've been there! who would've guess? I've been on it for 3 months with sides and dropped it. About minox I'm on it for about a year, but as we all know it's very nice and cute but it will never stop hairloss, it thickens my hair nothing more.

I need anti-androgen like RU right now, and again, someone who is wise enough to tell me the instructions...

I'm 22, NW 2.5, and while my hairline is receeding, I can make a ponytail from my crown. My dad started losing his hair at 35, and the crown stayed the same until 53 after a brain attack (he's fine with it), so I guess that's why...

if i were you i would continue using it because it is temporary sides.
    i do not know a lot about RU so i can not tell you things am not sure about it, hope the others give you some help

I've been using RU for over a year so here are the instructions on how to obtain, mix and apply:

Things You'll Need:

1) Get 10 grams from Kouting China or Ontario Chemicals, don't bother with 5grams as the 10gram price will save you a bit of cash down the line plus you won't have to worry about overlap or lack of when you run out after 5grams, so it gives you extra time.
    Kouting China: http://www.koutingchina.com/
    Ontario Chemicals: http://www.ontariochem.com/

When you inquire about purchasing from them, DO NOT mention its for personal use or for hair regrowth. I almost got denied from Ontario Chemicals when I said its going to be used to fight DHT. Just make it sound like youre a chemist and need a small supply of it. Be brief but to the point, leaves less questions to be asked from their end.

2) At the same time order off of eBay or Amazon a 0.001 gram digital scale. You NEED this to correctly measure 30-100mg of RU for each application. These typically cost between $20-30 US, heres the one I use: http://i50.tinypic.com/23j28wn.jpg

3) Buy yourself the following items at the drug store;
    -1ml dropper ($2-3.00 max)
    -100ml or more of polypropylene glycol (aka PG) (I paid $3.10 for 200ml)
    -isopropyl alcohol (99% alcohol based) (about $4.00 for 500ml)

4) Obtain a very small bottle that holds no more than 20ml of liquid, you'll need this to make your daily mix of RU with PG and isopropyl. I use a small 'Testors' bottle (I bought it containing paint but knew I would dump it out and use it for mixing RU). Refer here for my testors bottle:
    Image: http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....os/8804T-2.jpg
    http://www.newcenturyhobbies.com/Tes...4T_p/8804t.htm

Although, a company called 'Aztek' also makes small bottles, check here:
    Image: http://www2.gpmd.com/image/t/tesr5330.jpg
    http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/w...=WR&I=TESR5330

5) Buy yourself a small measuring spoon, you don't need to go balls out on this, just get something cheap but SMALL even from a cheap 'Dollar Store'. You'll need to scoop up the RU powder somehow.

Note: here's an image of some of the stuff thats used in my arsenal against MPB:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2nw3e50.jpg

How To Mix:

6) Using your digital scale and scoop, measure however much you'd like to use. Don't use more than 100mg *ever* although its good to start off for the first month or so at a higher dosage like 100mg only to kickstart the whole process and any potential regrowth. Make sure to use the TARE function when you've got your small plate on the scale, obviously this cannot be weighed as part of the RU powder so you'll need to be at 0.000 weight before beginning.

7) Dump the RU powder into your small bottle.

8) Using your 1ml dropper, pour 0.7ml of isopropyl into the bottle and let the RU mix with it for 10minutes or so. I typically mix the RU and isopropyl a little more by squeezing in and squeezing out the mixed solution with the dropper. Having it just sit doesn't desolve it completely. I do this for about 30 seconds though.

9) Using your 1ml dropper again, pour in 0.3ml of PG into the bottle and mix it again with the RU and isopropyl. I typically wait a couple minutes for it to mix in completely.

Youre ready to apply.

Application

10) Its absolute BEST to apply mixed and prepared RU after youve washed your hair/scalp and your hair is completely dry. Try to apply it within 30 minutes of washing your hair because your scalp produces an oily substance called sebum which will lessen the efficacy of RU penetrating the skin and blocking DHT topically.

11) If using on your hairline, be aware that the RU solution is a bit watery so its best to apply WITHIN and behind the hairline. You'll want to preserve what may be receded but potentially also regrow any hair. This way, youre not just applying it the slick bald spots, you want to maintain as well! If you apply it just outside the hairline to regrow anything, you'll find that a lot of runs down your noggin and go to waste.

12) Exfoliate your scalp! This is actually good because it removes old skin and lets you fight DHT even better. Try to buy yourself an exfoliating cream. Theyre not too expensive, maybe $25 at the most but you won't use much of it anyway, just around the hairline/temples or wherever needed. I typically exfoliate before showering. Let the cream sit for about 1-2 minutes though.

Storage:

13) Keep your RU powder sealed and in the fridge or better yet in the freezer to have the efficacy last for as long as possible. I've read that RU can withstand several weeks in normal room temperature before it goes bad, but don't risk that and just store it in the fridge/freezer. Also, make sure it is kept AWAY from light and sealed tight blocking out air. I have mine stored in a small plastic bottle closed tight but I also put the bottle into a ziplock bag as well and in the fridge.

Notes:

Try not to buy anything thats an 'all-in-one' as the efficacy in that is pretty much crap compared to fresh daily batches of mixed RU. You'll need to do this process every day. It is tedious at first, but soon enough it will become pretty quick and you wont need to use the digital scale and you'll end up just eye-balling it. Don't quote me on this but if you get really tired of doing this crap every day, you should be able to make a 5 day (5x100mg of RU, 5x0.7ml of isopropyl and 5x0.3ml of PG) and store it in the fridge and again, away from light and air. I suppose one of those old 35mm film roll containers could work quite well against light, but keep it double sealed regardless.

Good luck, I hope this info helps.

Hellouser , nice write up thank you .

You forgot one thing though . Does this stuff really work ?
    It would be nice to hear your personal experience seeing you have used it for a year already ?
    Any sides at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    Hellouser , nice write up thank you .

You forgot one thing though . Does this stuff really work ?
    It would be nice to hear your personal experience seeing you have used it for a year already ?
    Any sides at all ?
    No sides from RU, ever. Only sides I get are the flakey scalp from Minox and a weird pattern of low and ridiculously high sex drive when taking my Saw Palmetto pills, it fluctuates.

Does it work? Well... I did notice my crown thicken up a little but I was mostly using Minox on my crown and RU around my hairline and temples. Has my hairline become worse? Thats up for debate as well, at times to me it looks worse, other times it looks better. Recently I had a friend tell me my hair looks thicker and asked me if I went in for a hair transplant, though that was on a day where my hair wasnt styled at all and left to dry on its own after a shower, so it looked thick. My hairline has been more or less the same for the past 3-5 years and got to where I am now after around 6-8 years. Its been a very slow balding process for me; I'm a Norwood 3 with thinner hair in my crown but no bald spot in the back. It's been pretty much exactly the same for 3+ years and looking at my grandfathers hair from my moms side, I am at the exact same stage where he was right around my age... the positive news is that he stayed a Norwood 3 until he died at 77 years of age, so theres a good chance I'll inherit this from him. No one else in my family down the blood line, either on my dads side or moms side is fully bald, only the usual receded hairline and thats it. *fingers crossed*

I'm going to continue using RU however. I'm not taking any risks in case my condition worsens. I'll be doing so until I have enough cash to pay for a procedure with Dr. Gho and ultimately a procedure from Aderans or Histogen... or both, who knows, whatever to get me back to being a Norwood 1. Norwood 0 would look kind of weird on me to be honest, it kind of scares me as I'm not sure it would suit my facial features.

However, I know that it does work at least for some people. Look into a member by the name of IrishPride86 on ************, you can find his thread and documentation in the following thread:

http://www.*****************/interact...841-NOW-FIN%29

Man, wow...I would hug you if I could, FINNALY!

That's exactly what I wanted and more, you're great, thank you!

Now I have a few questions and then we'll let this topic sink:

1. When you said I need to tell Ontario/kouting I'm not using RU for DHT and stuff, does it work every time? I mean do they let you order RU after they "belive" you for how long that you wish?
    Oh and how do I order from those sites? I can see the RU in kouting but no ordering option, and on Ontario I don't even find RU.

2. Is there something wrong with Kane or MPBtreatmens?
    I mean I never heard of your company, everyone's talking about Kane and now MPBtreatments is starting a career, so I wonder about that.
    (I trust you that your company is good for 100%, just a question)

3. You said that it's good to start with 100mg, so by that you mean 100mg on
    one application? even if it's only on hairline? and does 50mg is good enough for 1 application for most people after they use it a couple of weeks/months?

4. If I use it only on hairline, for how long do you think 10G will last?
    I guess that if I use 50mg it's like 7 months but 100mg will be gone in no time =\

5. IF it works, how long it takes more or less? like fin?

6. Thank you very much

OHHHHH and....

7. If I use minox morning and evening, how should I combin this with RU ?
    I mean is it better to use RU morning or evening? before RU or after RU and how long to wait between ru and minox?

Quote Originally Posted by LongWayHome View Post
    Man, wow...I would hug you if I could, FINNALY!

That's exactly what I wanted and more, you're great, thank you!

Now I have a few questions and then we'll let this topic sink:

1. When you said I need to tell Ontario/kouting I'm not using RU for DHT and stuff, does it work every time? I mean do they let you order RU after they "belive" you for how long that you wish?
    Oh and how do I order from those sites? I can see the RU in kouting but no ordering option, and on Ontario I don't even find RU.
    I've only had to order it twice, both times with Ontario Chemicals. The first time I spoke with Henry from OC he replied back via email and mentioned he'd need my Visa number and info and he'd send right away. No problem there. The second time I remember mentioning it'd be used for Anti-DHT and he said he doesn't support personal uses, only for research purposes. When I told him that I had already purchased RU from him before, we made the transaction.

So just be careful.

2. Is there something wrong with Kane or MPBtreatmens?
    I mean I never heard of your company, everyone's talking about Kane and now MPBtreatments is starting a career, so I wonder about that.
    (I trust you that your company is good for 100%, just a question)
    I don't know about the other sources, I've heard good stuff about Kane though. Your best route is to go with Kouting China and ordering RUM (basically RU, but a little better).

3. You said that it's good to start with 100mg, so by that you mean 100mg on one application? even if it's only on hairline? and does 50mg is good enough for 1 application for most people after they use it a couple of weeks/months?
    I say to start off with 100mg to kickstart the whole process. After about a month to two you can definitely move down to 50mg. At that point, you'll basically maintain whatever might have regrown. Of course, it's better to use 100mg consistently.. just in case.

4. If I use it only on hairline, for how long do you think 10G will last?
    I guess that if I use 50mg it's like 7 months but 100mg will be gone in no time =\
    It depends on how much RU your using. At 100mg, you can expect it to last about 100 days (if you buy 10grams), so basically just a little over 3 months. Personally, I wouldn't go below 50mg. Some users have gone as low as 30mg but to me that sounds too low to make an impact fighting DHT. 50mg dosage should last you about 6 months or so, which is a long time to shell out around $300 (the amount I paid with Ontario Chemicals).

5. IF it works, how long it takes more or less? like fin?
    That depends on a lot of things; your own DHT resistence, how well you apply, how much of the RU mix doesnt get stuck to your hair (you want it on the scalp), if your using it after showering, if your combining it with Minox, if your using Nizoral, if your taking FIN or natural remedies like Saw Palmetto. If it is to regrow, expect results between 2-6 months.

6. Thank you very much
    No problem.

OHHHHH and....

7. If I use minox morning and evening, how should I combin this with RU? I mean is it better to use RU morning or evening? before RU or after RU and how long to wait between ru and minox?
    I think its going to depend on what you want to focus on more. I put more emphasis on RU than Minox, so I wash my hair at night and apply RU on a clean sebum-free scalp before going to bed. Minox I apply during the day, sometimes more than once if I'm home all day. So for me; Minox during the day in the morning after a shower or later around 5pm and RU at around midnight after washing hair.