+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    LongWayHome, Thanks for that. Are you going to apply it on your scalp along with Rogaine (Minoxidil 5%). How do you think you can apply them together? Will you apply Rogaine first and wait 10min then apply the RU? Any idea?

Keep us updated and Hairy New Year
    Well...HelloUser said he applies minox during the day - morning/afternoon and RU at night after a shower.
    That means it's 1 time RU and 1 time minox. I use Kirkland 5% and I wonder if decreasing minox to 1 time a day isn't meaningful.
    I guess I'll try it for a while cuz I don't wanna destroy the RU with minox,
    it's too expensive, it's not cetirizine which if you kill with alcohol you can always buy new for 50$ near your house.

If someone else has something to say about the applying of minox and RU together I'll be more than glad.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Hellouser: Could you guide me please? This RU is very confusing. I prefer to avoid being a chemist and mixing potions in my room to dump on my scalp.. doesnt seem wise or safe IMO. That being said, are there any reliable vendors selling a pre-made batch? I was under the impression that mpbtreatments DOES NOT ship to the US. If that's the case, who does? Is it premixed? Decent quality?

More importantly I vowed to never touch Propecia again as it completely destroyed my body. I finally am at 85% recovered after 8 months post FIN. Guess I am one of the lucky ones...BUT does RU have similar side effects? If I experienced severe sides with FIN, will this topical cause similar or identical sides? If so, I might avoid it altogether. I just need something to help my hairline.

Your input and those of others would be greatly appreciated. Just a balding dude seeking advice from you all.
    Just refer to my post on the first page of this thread (or click here; http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...06&postcount=5 )

I don't think I can be any more detailed about the whole RU process than that. But you really shouldnt be worried about treating the whole process like some kind of lab chemist, its no more difficult than making batter mix for a fish and chips dinner. Take 0.7ml of isopropanol and mix with 50-100mg of RU, add 0.3ml of polypropylene glycol and youre done.

I dont know about buying premade batches only because I dont care for them as I know they wont be as effective as your own mix (RU loses its efficacy after a few weeks at room temperature, so you need to make sure your storing it sealed, away from light and locked airtight).

Still no idea how to apply it to my head guys!! :P

Eye dropper and then rub it in with fingers?

If I was rich I'd fill up my basin and just dip my head in each evening.

Actually has anybody thought of doing that?

Apply it like minox. Dropper if you've got long hair, spray bottle is an option if you buzz. Rub it in then wash your hands thoroughly.

There are vids online of people applying RU, apparently. I haven't watched them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Still no idea how to apply it to my head guys!! :P

Eye dropper and then rub it in with fingers?

If I was rich I'd fill up my basin and just dip my head in each evening.

Actually has anybody thought of doing that?
    Apply it the same way as you would with Minox; use eye dropper and rub it into your scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Apply it the same way as you would with Minox; use eye dropper and rub it into your scalp.
    Thanks mate.

Do you think there are any chance of sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Apply it like minox. Dropper if you've got long hair, spray bottle is an option if you buzz. Rub it in then wash your hands thoroughly.

There are vids online of people applying RU, apparently. I haven't watched them.
    Thanks to you too )

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thanks mate.

Do you think there are any chance of sides?
    There is a chance but every study I've been able to find reported no systemic effects even at very high doses. It should have much lower sides than fin

My advice is to start off slow. Apply just a few drops to start with and work your way up.

My RU arrived today. So I'll be trying it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    There is a chance but every study I've been able to find reported no systemic effects even at very high doses. It should have much lower sides than fin

My advice is to start off slow. Apply just a few drops to start with and work your way up.

My RU arrived today. So I'll be trying it this week.
    Did you buy pre made or just order the powder?

I might start RU but I think I would rather order the pre-made stuff than order all the ingredients and make it up.

I live with other people so I can't exactly store the ingredients in the fridge/freezer. I can't be bothered mixing up as well although perhaps this stuff is more potent, I don't know. May just order 1 or 2 months worth from MPB treatments and see how it goes.

Incidentally, is it beneficial for the hairline? I have no diffuse or crown loss, all my hair loss is at my hairline & temples.