+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The new Fin, without sides?

A new product in 2012, being offered by a few clinics including Pro Hair Clinic, and Dr Arvind.

KÉRATENE® alphactive retard depresses the total level of DHT by suppressing the conversion of the androgen Testosterone
    (T) to DHT through the adhesion to the 5aRD enzyme by obstructing the transfer of hydrogen atoms to the Testosterone

So the big difference is that it doesn't reduce 5a levels, it binds to 5a. Reminds me of the Equol saga. They go as far as saying it has zero sides, and it's available in pills, topical, or shampoo!

Thoughts?

Added: "KÉRATENE® alphactive retard got its first introduction during the FUE Europe meeting in Berlin 2012. The technical data as well as the results (blood value DHT levels before and after) were presented to all hair transplantation doctors who were present"

Here's a list of clinics who offer it:

http://www.keratene.com/best-recomme...t-clinics.html

Anyone get some info on this? A bit more digging reveals that trials are still open at the various clinics.

It has exactly the same mode of action as fin, ignore. Looks another BS product

Keratene is not bs, neversaynever. Actually, they're quite legit. Look into them, they sell various anti-androgen serum which block DHT topically by means of beta-sitosterol.

Personally, I think this warrants some discussion. The prospect of fin without sides is delicious, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    It has exactly the same mode of action as fin, ignore. Looks another BS product
    I reckon if you got hold of the ingredients list you'd find it's mostly just saw palmetto.

I'm also willing to bet there's nothing in that entire range of products that isn't included in Spectral DNC-L, with the addition of an anti-inflammatory shampoo that'll basically just be a Nizoral equivalent (the 'sercomplex' stuff).

The entire range is just topical and system natural (weak) 5AR inhibitors and anti-inflammatories. You're much, much better off on the Big 3, and it won't cost you nearly as much. I bet this stuff costs the equivalent of a small third-world country's GDP.

They go as far as saying it has zero sides, and it's available in pills, topical, or shampoo!
    There is no such thing as a medication that does not have possible side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Keratene is not bs, neversaynever. Actually, they're quite legit. Look into them, they sell various anti-androgen serum which block DHT topically by means of beta-sitosterol.

Personally, I think this warrants some discussion. The prospect of fin without sides is delicious, to say the least.
    Oh, it's beta sitosterol, not saw palmetto? In that case you'd do better buying beta sitosterol pills from Biovea or some other health store. It'd be much cheaper.

The reason it's fin without sides is because it doesn't work properly. The sides of fin are caused by the fact it's wiping out 70% of the DHT in your body. This stuff, and saw palmetto, inhibit DHT but not by anywhere near as much. Since a 70% reduction in serum DHT only leads to about a 30% reduction in scalp DHT, stuff like saw palmetto and beta sitosterol are going to hardly touch scalp DHT at all.

For some guys, particularly those sensitive to 5ARIs, that might be enough... and it certainly will do better than not taking fin at all.

But I'd certainly be buying bulk saw palmetto and beta sitosterol pills from Biovea before I paid these guys for their overpriced, underperforming line of hair care. These guys are like L'Oreal and the rest - only producing pretty packaging and lots of weasel words like "helps control" and "may assist" while charging a fortune and delivering a package decently less effective than the current first line Big 3.

Im sure they are legit, but they make some big claims. Including there being zero sides (which as tracy c said is impossible). There's no clinical trial data available. Theres some reputable ht doctors using it. Maybe warrants some discussion, but clinical trial results would be better

Ive got the PDF of the small clinical trial for this product. Its quite an interesting read....

How do I attach it to this thread?

Ive got the PDF of the small clinical trial for this product. Its quite an interesting read....

How do I attach it to this thread?
    Not sure if you can attach, is it at all possible to link to it?

Not sure if you can attach, is it at all possible to link to it?
    cant link to it, it was emailed to me by pro hair clinic.

edit: uploaded it to this location

http://www.4shared.com/office/6yckGs...ults-Reta.html