+ Reply to Thread

Default 21 on fin, should i add minox?

after some effort i was able to see a dermatologist who prescribed finasteride. started out with every other day and moved up and have had good results thus far as far as stopping shedding goes. went from shedding 40 hairs in the shower and losing hair on everything to maybe ten and it happened pretty much instantly. i had sides for a little while, (trouble getting a boner, low libido, watery semen), but i toughed it out for hope i could save my hair and they went away within a couple weeks. thing is i still have been losing ground on my hairline where i have a lot of miniturized hair, which is quite depressing because ive always been a "hair guy" and my face looks a million times better framed. ive been on fin for about 2.5 months now. been using nizoral since before that. oh and im a norwood 1 maybe 2 right now.

do you guys think i should add minox? i was thinking just in the evening. and what percentage if so?

also i was reading about evening primrose oil suppliments and putting extra virgin olive oil on your hair, is this just some bs?

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    after some effort i was able to see a dermatologist who prescribed finasteride. started out with every other day and moved up and have had good results thus far as far as stopping shedding goes. went from shedding 40 hairs in the shower and losing hair on everything to maybe ten and it happened pretty much instantly. i had sides for a little while, (trouble getting a boner, low libido, watery semen), but i toughed it out for hope i could save my hair and they went away within a couple weeks. thing is i still have been losing ground on my hairline where i have a lot of miniturized hair, which is quite depressing because ive always been a "hair guy" and my face looks a million times better framed. ive been on fin for about 2.5 months now. been using nizoral since before that. oh and im a norwood 1 maybe 2 right now.

do you guys think i should add minox? i was thinking just in the evening. and what percentage if so?

also i was reading about evening primrose oil suppliments and putting extra virgin olive oil on your hair, is this just some bs?
    Minox will probably not work on the hairline when it comes to regrowth, only the few lucky ones see results but it will work on other areas. That oil natural BS doesn't work, I have tried and so far no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Minox will probably not work on the hairline when it comes to regrowth, only the few lucky ones see results but it will work on other areas. That oil natural BS doesn't work, I have tried and so far no luck.
    damn... do you think it would make my miniturized hair on the hairline thicker or just make it fall out?

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    damn... do you think it would make my miniturized hair on the hairline thicker or just make it fall out?
    Probably just make them fall out :/ but don't worry your still 21 and new promising hair loss products are coming soon. Who know's maybe the cure will be out during our life time. Just stay positive, negativity won't get you no where.

#666 post

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Probably just make them fall out :/ but don't worry your still 21 and new promising hair loss products are coming soon. Who know's maybe the cure will be out during our life time. Just stay positive, negativity won't get you no where.

#666 post
    damn thats what i was worried about.. trying to stay positive its just hard feeling like youre getting old and losing your looks at twenty. i am hopefull for something in the future though, hell might as well hope instead of thinking im heading towards being an ugly baldy when ive always gotten compliments for my looks with the right haircut or a hat and the girl i love dumped me and moved on and i cant even do better anymore.

actually a month or so ago a really cute girl walked up to me at a house party though where i was wearing a bandana with a top hat over it and told me that i had the most beautiful face shes ever seen and there were literally like twenty guys trying to get with her and honestly its not the first time something like thats happenned. its crazy how much differently girls look at me based on my haircut or if im wearing a hat. actually right after the first time i cut my hair short in tenth grade the college girls who worked at the local pool invited me to start partying with them and they became my drinking partners for the next couple years and they called me jailbait, litterally happened the same day i cut my hair and now i have to leave my hair long :/ ive actually taken to wearing a trapper/aviator hat because my face just looks so much better framed up. its always been clear to me the effect hair can have on your looks and attractiveness if you dont have perfect facial symmetry or just have certain features, and im losing mine

Yes add minox, even if just in the evening(that's what I do and it worked for a couple years decently)

Minox should be apart of every hairloss regime, no sides for 99% of people and usually helps to slow the loss or even cause very slight growth.

hairline wise dont expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Yes add minox, even if just in the evening(that's what I do and it worked for a couple years decently)

Minox should be apart of every hairloss regime, no sides for 99% of people and usually helps to slow the loss or even cause very slight growth.

hairline wise dont expect much.
    hmm two differing oppinions, i have seen some promising results i just dont want to skip to a norwood 3 in three months if the fin would allow me to maintain anyway thats what im scared of

any other opinions?

I've been taking minox for almost 7 months now. I believe it has made me shed and not regrow hair behind my hair line but I have noticed more thin hairs in my hair line.

I started Minox after several years on Fin. While Fin maintains exiting hair (im NW3, i think), Minox has regrown new hair for me, including in frontal areas (hairline). One should try it.

It's early days on finasteride - personally give that 8-12 months and then add minox foam after that as you will then have a better control on how well the fin is working ;-)
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.