Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drybone
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Misery
    Sorry, I didn't understand what the problem was because you said obviously some goes on the hair... but mentioned This is not enough to be concerned about though.

I didn't know that was any concern, if it did which is why I asked the question, if a lot goes on the healthy hair does the whole head become dependent on it even if it was put on hair that isn't falling out?

Obviously on a diffuse head it's going on all the hair... can't be helped
    Hey man.

We all understand your fears and apprehension. Tracy gives out excellent advice based on years of research. She wouldn't steer you wrong. If she says take the meds, then go get the meds and take em.

At very least, take Tracy's advice to a doctor and ask them if you should follow through.

Comment

• Misery
      • Dec 2012

I get that, I'd just been reading about people who say that their healthy hair became dependant on the Rogaine too, that's what I was trying to ask about. Because obviously as a diffuse you have no option but to plaster if over the whole front and back of your head

Comment

• drybone
        • Dec 2012

I get that, I'd just been reading about people who say that their healthy hair became dependant on the Rogaine too, that's what I was trying to ask about. Because obviously as a diffuse you have no option but to plaster if over the whole front and back of your head
        Hey.

My diffuse was in the front to mid scalp. Still thick at mid scalp back to crown.

So I never went the rogaine route. Does it stop the bleeding ? Whats the regrowth like?

Comment

• Misery
          • Dec 2012

No idea yet... what do you mean bleeding?
          Mine has gone crown to front now, much more rapidly than when the crown was thinning, that was a long process, but mid, back and front seem to thin out much too quickly, hence my panic

Comment

• mpb47
            • Apr 2012

It's not that your healthy hair becomes dependant, it's just that as time goes on your healthy hair started to be effected by mpb and Rogaine keeps it growing, where as otherwise, you would have lost it.

Same with propecia. If you use it for a long time and then stop, you will lose more than what you started because the drug was keeping hair you would have otherwise lost. It just means the drug was doing it's job.

Comment

• drybone
              • Dec 2012

No idea yet... what do you mean bleeding?
              Mine has gone crown to front now, much more rapidly than when the crown was thinning, that was a long process, but mid, back and front seem to thin out much too quickly, hence my panic
              As in 'stopped the hair loss' .

Comment

• Misery
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
                It's not that your healthy hair becomes dependant, it's just that as time goes on your healthy hair started to be effected by mpb and Rogaine keeps it growing, where as otherwise, you would have lost it.

Same with propecia. If you use it for a long time and then stop, you will lose more than what you started because the drug was keeping hair you would have otherwise lost. It just means the drug was doing it's job.
                that does make perfect sense!! Thank you

Originally posted by drybone
                As in 'stopped the hair loss' .

Ahh, not yet, but it's very early days

Comment

Working...