+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Todayas HT

Default Todayas HT

Hi Folks,
    just had my 3rd ht today. Frist one in the 70's plug job terrible second last year fut for 2100 grafts today 800 fut 300 fue nape hairs 18-20 beard hair as a test.Hurting right now.Tose initial shots int he scalp are tough. but expect to feel better in a couple of days. All hair to the front. Still bald going back. If beard hair works we'll do more. conservative approach as suggested by topcat. Hoping for the best. I trust my ht doctor. she seems to really care and want to get it right. Good luck to all. I'll post more results on this in a couple of months.My goal is to have a reasonable looking thinning head of hair for my age.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

It sounds like you and your doctor are taking a smart conservative approach and that yopu have reasonable expectations. Good luck.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thank you Dr Charles for your comment and also for the phone consultation you gave me. You spent a lot of time with me and gave me some good advice and information and I really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Hi Folks,
    just had my 3rd ht today. Frist one in the 70's plug job terrible second last year fut for 2100 grafts today 800 fut 300 fue nape hairs 18-20 beard hair as a test.Hurting right now.Tose initial shots int he scalp are tough. but expect to feel better in a couple of days. All hair to the front. Still bald going back. If beard hair works we'll do more. conservative approach as suggested by topcat. Hoping for the best. I trust my ht doctor. she seems to really care and want to get it right. Good luck to all. I'll post more results on this in a couple of months.My goal is to have a reasonable looking thinning head of hair for my age.
    Best of luck to you mate....!

Cheers,

-Dale-

Hey Lounk good to hear everything went well. Going slow and evaluating along the way I think was a very good decision and personally I hope anything I wrote was valuable in helping you make that decision.

You are limiting your risk and can always go back later which is in your best interest.

All the best to you.

Thanks for all of your helpful input topcat. just wish I were 10 or 20 years younger to have more time to sort this out. As far as taking it slower and being more conservative I agree with you. Much less risk physically and financially. We'll see how all of this pans out. This was definitely my last fut. From now on only fue is in the cards for me with most likely bht being used. Thanks again and happy holidays.

Hey Lounk Happy Holidays to you too.

Just take care of yourself health wise and you will have more time than you think.

I'm in great shape. Used to be a pro athlete. Hope you're right about the time I have left.