+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Here are a couple of shots of my hair pulled back. I'm now certain that something's not right there, especially around that right temple. I'm seriously contemplating going down to the supermarket tomorrow and getting Regaine or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20122012786.jpg

Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	18212   Click image for larger version

Name:	20122012788.jpg

Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	18213   Click image for larger version

Name:	20122012789.jpg

Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	18214  

Quote Originally Posted by Confused91 View Post
    Here are a couple of shots of my hair pulled back. I'm now certain that something's not right there, especially around that right temple. I'm seriously contemplating going down to the supermarket tomorrow and getting Regaine or something.
    You hair is receding a bit...regaine won't regrowth hair around the hairline/temple but it can stop further hair loss. You should consider in using FIN, if you can't get a hold of FIN ATM at your local doc then you can buy it from here.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-425-proscar-5mg.aspx

Just make sure you get it into 4ths but be aware that it might cause some side effects depending how your body takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    You hair is receding a bit...regaine won't regrowth hair around the hairline/temple but it can stop further hair loss. You should consider in using FIN, if you can't get a hold of FIN ATM at your local doc then you can buy it from here.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-425-proscar-5mg.aspx

Just make sure you get it into 4ths but be aware that it might cause some side effects depending how your body takes it.
    My aim for now would be to stop it for the time being because from what I can see it hasn't progressed too much and I (hopefully) have time on my side, so I feel that if I act soon enough I could nip it in the bud. I would be interested in trying FIN but there are two problems to this: 1) I'm taking Roaccutane ATM and I don't know how my body would react to both at the same time; 2) and as mentioned earlier, I can't go home for Christmas which means that I can't show it to my parents or see my regular dermatologist, although I have obviously told my parents about it. They think that it isn't anything that I should be worried about, but they said that if I do insist on taking something that I should get Regaine or something like that, as they aren't too keen on me taking FIN just yet. I'm sure that my dermatologist saying so would change their mind, but as I said that's not an option available to me at the moment.

The only thing that worries me about Regaine/Minoxidil is that I've read that it can cause shedding and potentially further hair loss, so I'm really torn as to what I should do. Has anyone had any experience with either one?

The only thing that worries me about Regaine/Minoxidil is that I've read that it can cause shedding and potentially further hair loss, so I'm really torn as to what I should do. Has anyone had any experience with either one?
    I just started using them both about a month ago and I did shed quite a bit, its still not over, but it really depends from person to person, my hairloss is just a bit more advanced then yours right now, but from everything I've read and been told it depends from person to person. You might not shed at all. Though if you do, it should be back after a couple of months. My doctor told me all the shredded hair has been affected by DHT and when it comes back it should be thicker. Hope that helps bud.

Everyone whom I ask tells me that I'm fine and not to worry about it and how I have a thick head of hair, but - and this is something I'm sure quite a few of you here will empathize with - I still don't feel reassured.

+1. I tried hitting up several ppl. about this and they immediately blow off any possibility of hair loss (even though *I* can clearly see it). Guys seem 100%+ worse about this than girls. Females will actually take a few seconds to actually *look* before making an assessment. Another guy usually won't even want to entertain your concerns, and will reflexively tell you "it's fine".

My aim for now would be to stop it for the time being because from what I can see it hasn't progressed too much and I (hopefully) have time on my side, so I feel that if I act soon enough I could nip it in the bud. I would be interested in trying FIN but there are two problems to this: 1) I'm taking Roaccutane ATM and I don't know how my body would react to both at the same time; 2) and as mentioned earlier, I can't go home for Christmas which means that I can't show it to my parents or see my regular dermatologist, although I have obviously told my parents about it. They think that it isn't anything that I should be worried about, but they said that if I do insist on taking something that I should get Regaine or something like that, as they aren't too keen on me taking FIN just yet. I'm sure that my dermatologist saying so would change their mind, but as I said that's not an option available to me at the moment.

You do know that accutane can cause severe hair loss, right?

Your in a tough pickle...When I started to see my hairline recede a bit the first hair loss product I use was rogaine at age 19. I used it for a couple of months and my hair loss slowed down. Sure, I shed a bit but that is the normal process when using a hair loss product. Right now I'm using Fin, minox, and 2 other products that i'm experimenting on. I'm a NW1-1.5 at age 23 and my hairline seem to get thicker and It stopped shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    You do know that accutane can cause severe hair loss, right?

Your in a tough pickle...When I started to see my hairline recede a bit the first hair loss product I use was rogaine at age 19. I used it for a couple of months and my hair loss slowed down. Sure, I shed a bit but that is the normal process when using a hair loss product. Right now I'm using Fin, minox, and 2 other products that i'm experimenting on. I'm a NW1-1.5 at age 23 and my hairline seem to get thicker and It stopped shedding.
    Sorry for the late reply Dex. Happy New Year! I am aware that Roaccutane can cause severe hair loss, but it seems to me that the hair that I am losing isn't growing back, so it's hard to tell whether it's due to the Roaccutane.

I really am in a tough situation right now because I know that in a situation like this time is valuable, but I'm equally worried by the prospect that things could potentially worsen if I started using Rogaine or something like that, which I have heard has happened in an albeit small number of cases. I think that I might stick it out until I go home next month and see my dermatologist, although right now a month seems like an extremely long time in hair loss terms.

Sorry for the late reply Dex. Happy New Year! I am aware that Roaccutane can cause severe hair loss, but it seems to me that the hair that I am losing isn't growing back, so it's hard to tell whether it's due to the Roaccutane.

I really am in a tough situation right now because I know that in a situation like this time is valuable, but I'm equally worried by the prospect that things could potentially worsen if I started using Rogaine or something like that, which I have heard has happened in an albeit small number of cases. I think that I might stick it out until I go home next month and see my dermatologist, although right now a month seems like an extremely long time in hair loss terms.

Dude, everything you've said sounds like me, except I've been off of accuatne for a year and a half.

It sucks.... I wish I never took accutane.

I picked up some finasteride today so hopefully that works without any side effects.

IMHO, it doesn't look like you're balding.
    When you're washing your hair, do you get at least several strands of hair on your hands? For me, when I'm lathering my hair with shampoo, I count about 25-40 strands of hair. It is frightening and depressing man.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sucks View Post
    Dude, everything you've said sounds like me, except I've been off of accuatne for a year and a half.

It sucks.... I wish I never took accutane.

I picked up some finasteride today so hopefully that works without any side effects.
    Yeah, the fact of the matter is that I started noticing it in September, just after my dermatologist upped my dose from 30 to 40 mg/day. The good news is that my face is spotless - the bad news, apart from this, is a whole slew of other bizarre occurrences, such as sleeping problems, decreased night vision and other things like that. I came across an article recently by accident which set out the side effect Roaccutane can have, and after reading it I have to say that I don't know if I would've agreed to taking it in the first place if I had known.

Like I said, it all boils down to what my dermatologist says when I see her next month, although when my mother told her about the side effects that I had been experiencing, she seemed surprised and said that they should not occur that soon. Somehow, this lack of empathy on her part doesn't bode well.