+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Essentially what I meant, If it doesnt do anything after 1 year It's highly doubtful you're going to thicken up after that.

On average most guys see the most benefit after a year, havent heard/seen many cases that take longer than that.
    Hey Rdawg, fin was working for me for foujr months and then just stopped. My scalp started itching again and shedding hair like crazy, did your scalp itch when you were going through the shed?

Hello this is a late reply. But I was searching about this topic so others might do, so this is my story. I'm 36, oriental, thinning on the top for 2 years gradually then finally started propecia and Minox X2 daily and results were quick. I noticed regrowth after 1 month and now it's been 5 months and I say I have regained about 60-70% loss. I also used a Lazer comb for about a month and then stopped completely. I know it's different for everyone, I am grateful it has worked so well for me. Side effects for me was a fairly sizable 20-30 point drop in my blood pressure for the first 2 to 3 weeks. My blood pressure is normally a bit low at 110-130 range so I had some dizzy spells. Also in the first two weeks my libido did change a little bit, it's like I forget about sex or can easily go on without it until my GF attacks then I am all good to go, but that might we due to the lower blood pressure.
    I wish you guys the very best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kadin View Post
    I noticed regrowth after 1 month and now it's been 5 months and I say I have regained about 60-70% loss.
    You are the lucky one, who got the results so fast. Usually it takes from 3 to 12 months to get visible results. I've started notice the results on the 4th month of use.

Finasteride start working for me after 3 months.

Default Glad its working for you too plus little update

Quote Originally Posted by RanDave View Post
    You are the lucky one, who got the results so fast. Usually it takes from 3 to 12 months to get visible results. I've started notice the results on the 4th month of use.

Glad its working for you too!!!

I was originally seeking the question, something along the lines of, when regrowth is happening, how does the regrowth rate change overtime, or when those the regrowth rate plateau expectations?

I have not found a good answer yet.

So this is my update I guess. For me I feel it is slowing down abit and I have taken propecia for 5 months and 1 week, I rarely forget to take the pill or do the drops, but as said before I stopped the laser comb after a month, those 11 minutes seriously drag.

Libido normal, blood pressure mostly recovered into the range but seeing the lower end more often and I am getting a bit fat.

Gents, the very best luck to you all.

I noticed results with Finasteride (4mg/wk) + Dutasteride (1mg/wk) after about 4.5 months.. I probably went back about 2-3 years in my hair loss progression to the point that I could get away with not using caboki or toppik. Then about a month and a half later I had a huge shed and lost most of what I had gained.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

I started to see a change in my hair after approx 3 months, albeit minor.
    ('Dr Reddys' generic Finasteride)
    To see the full effect of Finasterides usage can take from up to 1 to 2 years ...depending on each individual. Be patient......
    Like others have said, the effects of this med' vary from person to person.

This August 2015 will be my second year on it.
    Finasteride certainly has made a noticeable change.
    Not a full head of hair (for me) but this ongoing improvement is POSITIVE!
    One MUST BE realistic in order to enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by kadin View Post
    So this is my update I guess. For me I feel it is slowing down abit and I have taken propecia for 5 months and 1 week, I rarely forget to take the pill or do the drops, but as said before I stopped the laser comb after a month, those 11 minutes seriously drag.

Libido normal, blood pressure mostly recovered into the range but seeing the lower end more often and I am getting a bit fat.

Gents, the very best luck to you all.
    Thanks for your update. As about the weight gain, possibly physical activity will improve the situation.

Alot of people get some unknown generic and thats why sometimes they dont get results for a very long time. You can get official brand propecia at this licensed U.K pharmacy with an easy online consultation http://www.europetabs.com

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Gradaffa does make a good point here.

There are some generics that will not help as well, (and some not at all) as brand name Finasteride like Propecia will do.
    I was lucky to have started with a generic Finasteride back in 2013 that DOES work well for me.
    'Dr. Reddys' generic Finasteride is one of those generic meds that does work.
    Even though 'Dr. Reddys' has been improving my hair, I was considering changing to Propecia.
    I spoke with Spencer Kobren about that in early 2015.
    He suggested that I possibly just stay on that generic med'(Dr Reddys) being that it IS working well for me anyways.
    To this day it IS improving my hair.
    I decided to stay on my generic med..I even talked with my doctor about it.
    He knew for fact that many of his other patients were also using Dr. Reddys Finasteride with good ongoing results like for me.

I feel that I was LUCKY to have started with a GOOD generic med'.
    When I had first picked up my prescription Finasteride at the pharmacy in August 2013, I assumed that it was a brand name med. When I got back home I realized then that it wasn't 'brand name'.
    Of course I wished that I had begun with Propecia in 2013 BUT, because my hair has been improving with the one ive been on, Im OK with it.

Is it possible that a brand name med would possibly do a better job of my hair?
    No one really knows and the fact is that I am accepting of what I have.
    I am living my life and I always stay POSITIVE!
    Everyone should do the same.