+ Reply to Thread

Default 26 and...who knows

Hey guys! So I figured I would share my story.....

I started losing hair....I don't know when maybe 19-20 and went on Rogaine in 2009 (when I graduated college) and holy crap did it make a HUGE difference...my crowns grew back an insane amount...I tried taking propecia at the same time (1mg/day) however I hit too many side effects including, manic mood swings, insomnia, brain fog, etc.....I stopped but continued only rogaine up until 25 (September, 2012)..In early 2012, I took propecia on and off including .5mg/day and had side effects..

Fast forward to September 2012...I started talking MINIMAL...I mean minimal doses of propecia...very small bites...every other day...I have since increased to .125mg/every other day...regardless of what studies and people say SOME IS BETTER THAN NONE!...that being said I am hitting shedding...not too much maybe 10-15 hairs morning and night each day...I plan on increasing propecia slowly as I move along but what are your thoughts on taking .125/every other day? I cannot take more than that because the side effects make me crazy...I am trying desperately to save my hair by going to the gym, staying healthy, no drugs, no smoking, barely drinking, eat healthy, etc....I guess I am more self-conscious because my sister is ridiculously gorgeous and I don't want to be the ugly brother :\.....

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstano View Post
    Hey guys! So I figured I would share my story.....

I started losing hair....I don't know when maybe 19-20 and went on Rogaine in 2009 (when I graduated college) and holy crap did it make a HUGE difference...my crowns grew back an insane amount...I tried taking propecia at the same time (1mg/day) however I hit too many side effects including, manic mood swings, insomnia, brain fog, etc.....I stopped but continued only rogaine up until 25 (September, 2012)..In early 2012, I took propecia on and off including .5mg/day and had side effects..

Fast forward to September 2012...I started talking MINIMAL...I mean minimal doses of propecia...very small bites...every other day...I have since increased to .125mg/every other day...regardless of what studies and people say SOME IS BETTER THAN NONE!...that being said I am hitting shedding...not too much maybe 10-15 hairs morning and night each day...I plan on increasing propecia slowly as I move along but what are your thoughts on taking .125/every other day? I cannot take more than that because the side effects make me crazy...I am trying desperately to save my hair by going to the gym, staying healthy, no drugs, no smoking, barely drinking, eat healthy, etc....I guess I am more self-conscious because my sister is ridiculously gorgeous and I don't want to be the ugly brother :\.....

Thoughts?
    Were your sides only neurological or did you have sexual sides as well?

Where are you on the Norwood scale now compare to when you started your medication ?
    what is your family history ?

Typicallyconcerned - good question!

Mostly were neurological big time....like I said manic mood swings, massive brain fog, insomnia, you name it I had it...I do feel like it permanently changed me..

I had minor sexual side effects - watery semen and not really horny..however even after being on propecia im not horny all the time which may be because of work and life in general

Quote Originally Posted by dav38100 View Post
    Where are you on the Norwood scale now compare to when you started your medication ?
    Dav38100,

Im roughly a 2 right now...progressing to a 2A...only thing that saved me was rogaine...

Family history ...ugh...both grandpas are bald as hell.....and my dad has alot of hair but a HUGE forehead because its receding...I dont want that...so I am doing propecia/rogaine...I have had quite alot of shed however I wonder if that is coming from inflammation from rogaine and me not doing anything about it...that being said...I am on .125mg/every other day of propecia and rogaine 2x a day regardless

Quote Originally Posted by dav38100 View Post
    Dav - I would say its VERY recent within the past 6 months that my hair loss got super aggressive in the hairline...more so after I switched from foam to liquid rogaine and then went on creatine for 8 months....ridiculous...soI would say 2 on the edge of 2A

Sorry - looking at different scales...more so 1.5 2