19 and balding, help and advice required!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottishDan
    • Nov 2012

19 and balding, help and advice required!

Hi, i'm 19 and my hair is thinning out on top and my hairline is receding quite a bit but i don't have any bald spots quite yet. My dad is bald and so are my uncles so i knew there was not much hope for me. I started using Minoxidil 3 months ago and i can tell i have new hair at my temples but they are very light, will they improve over time?

I cant tell if its helping at my crown or the front part of my head quite yet. When should i expect my hair to thicken up? I will upload some pictures of my hair soon.

Is there anything else i should be doing to improve my results or anyhthing else i should be looking into? Hope someone can give me some advice
  • drybone
    • Dec 2012

Hey dude!

We are here for you ! We know the pain and anxiety of losing our hair. Fortunately, today there is something we can do about it.

I think using meds is a good idea in your case. I would prefer if you consulted with your family doctor first to go over the medical side effects of hair loss medication.

But , after you get the green light. Go for it!!!

Comment

• ScottishDan
      • Nov 2012

Thanks for the reply man!

I did go to a family doctor but she said to me i should just live with it like my dad did so she was not very helpful! Do you think rogaine is best for someone my age? I'm too scared to touch that Propecia stuff!

Comment

• dex89
        • Jul 2012

Your doctor is a dumb ass, please provide us with some pictures.

check this link out, it has a lot information on the Big 3.

TheBig 3 The big 3 to beat DHT, THE CAUSE OF HAIRLOSS! - Propecia ( Finasteride ), Minoxidil and Nizoral Here is the thing you need to make sure you understand when it comes to MPB: The main known factor that causes hairloss is DHT. To form DHT your body's 5a-reductase enzyme converts free roaming testosterone DHT

Comment

• ScottishDan
          • Nov 2012

Thanks for the reply dex, funny because im honesty watching dexter right now haha! I will post pictures tomorrow and hopefully you will tell me how far along/ what NW you think i am. Thanks

Comment

• dex89
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ScottishDan
            Thanks for the reply dex, funny because im honesty watching dexter right now haha! I will post pictures tomorrow and hopefully you will tell me how far along/ what NW you think i am. Thanks
            Haha yes, the show is amazing.

No problem, once you post some pictures we'll be able to help you a bit more.

Comment

• ScottishDan
              • Nov 2012

Here are some pictures! hope you can tell me what chances i have of seeing regrowth with rogaine and what NW you think i am, thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

• dex89
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ScottishDan
                Here are some pictures! hope you can tell me what chances i have of seeing regrowth with rogaine and what NW you think i am, thanks!
                You seem to be a NW-2

Yes, rogaine will help you but I will also add FIN(proscar/propecia) for ultimate results. check out the link below.

Before & after photo results of patients who use Propecia and/or Rogaine to treat hair loss. Click to see photos of more than 100 patients.

EDIT: stick with rogaine for 8 months, if you don't any results then add FIN. Also, nizoral also has good results in regrowth.

Comment

• ScottishDan
                  • Nov 2012

Cheers. I think i will do just that (:

Do you believe that rogaine losses effectiveness over time?

Thanks.

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Research fin first before you commit, though.

Comment

Working...