+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Just to let you know, a very new study has shown long term finasteride use can make men infertile.
    As far as I understand it can creep up on you without any other side effects.

Worth getting a sperm count test at the very least.
    Permanently infertile? Can you give the link?

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Permanently infertile? Can you give the link?
    Of course he cant.

Tomorrow marks the 4th month on fin. Everything still seems normal. I will say hair has grown in my hairline on the right side quite a bit. It was the weaker side in terms of recession previously and now it is the stronger side. The hairs are thinner but a lot are growing and growing long enough that you can see them standing a few feet away from me. Hopefully they will continue to grow as I see more that are sprouting. Overall density seems to almost be back where it was before I started Rogaine so I am happy with that. If I can maintain my hair as it currently is I will be very happy. I think it looks pretty good when I use putty. It's not great but looks acceptable IMO. I will upload pics around the end of the month because that's when I'll be getting a haircut, as they have a sale at that time. Look for pics in about two weeks.

The hairs sprouting is a good feeling; I've got quite a few myself. Not sure if they're hair back from the grave thanks to fin or not -- who knows.

Lookin' forward to the pics, brah.

Hi, I just wanted to give an update since most people stop posting and we we don't know how things turned out. I was on fin for 2 and a half years. During that time, the thickness of my hair and my hairline improved a moderately noticeable amount. Upon my second year on fin, I noticed my hair was slowly thinning, but it was still better than before fin. During my entire course of fin, I never showed any side effects.

I got married last year and stopped taking fin as I did not want to risk any possibility of birth defects, as unlikely as they could have been. It has been a year off fin. I'm a NW 2.5-NW 3. However, my hair is now thinner than it has ever been, but I have a wonderful wife and beautiful son so my hair bothers me less. I still use minox and hope one day to improve my hair but will accept baldness if it happens. I wish everyone the best in their journeys and just wanted to let others know that fin seemed to be moderately effective and side effect free for me.

Three years later off of fin and my hair is really thin. I keep my hair cut very short, but it's pretty much extremely visible in all pictures save for dim lit pictures.

The only side effect that I would say is that my semen is yellow and I go to the bathroom more often than I used to go.